Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 14th and 15th of October

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 14th and 15th of October

Post by WorcsPhil » 11 Oct 2023 10:12

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Late posting this week...where does the time go, eh? Anyway, good as always to see a full set of club runs at the weekend so thanks goes as usual to the leaders who raised their heads above the parapets of fear and led the rides... Was that the last 100mile club run of the year, I wonder? Karl led the A-Ride to Tewkesbury and beyond and it was great to see how many people jumped aboard the Walton-Wagon... and big thanks are also due to Si Walker who led the C-Ride at short notice after Mariana was ill...

What else happened? Well our ginger, junior randonneur Matt Russell ventured south to a course near Heathrow at the weekend as there was no WMCCL event locally this week, and stuffed it to them and was just pipped to his first victory, but still finished a close second...well done, Matt.

It's the hill climb season of course, and if you're competing anywhere then let me know, as I'll always publicise your event and results... It's good to see some people are making merry at Stourport track on Friday evening at the moment for some floodlit training and racing thanks to Stuart Jones...

...and in the Audax world, the last north Worcestershire audax of the season is happening on 11th November, namely Philip Whiteman's Salinae and Cotswold, and just as exciting, the Snowdrop/Sunrise is now available for registration next February. The HQ will be at Whitlenge cafe again and I am hopeful that every single Beacon rider will be present, no matter how old or broken your bikes are, haha.

Before that, we do have our own WMCCL event in Walsall in November that Beacon are hosting, so it would be good to ensure Adrian's efforts in getting this organised are matched by our willingness to support and volunteer on the day...

Finally, you may have noticed that the winter kit order is upon us, you only have until next week to get your order in, and by popular demand, the snazzy blue kits can be re-ordered, so DON'T MISS OUT THIS TIME! Check out the members page on the Beacon website or Facebook for all the details.

...and finally, finally, the Beacon dinner and awards night is scheduled for Saturday 18th November and will have a different feel this year, so save the date and look out for further announcements...

Keep happy, don't put your summer bikes away just yet, the sunshine will return...hopefully.

Phil