Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 21st and 22nd of October

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 21st and 22nd of October

Post by WorcsPhil » 16 Oct 2023 13:20

WEEKLY UPDATE:

How on earth have England got to the Rugby World Cup semi-final? That's a rhetorical question of course, but it goes to show that luck plays a part in top class sport...unlike in cycling, which is one of the few sports where (mechanicals apart), luck plays a more minor role than in ball sports...so the motto is...get on your bike and you'll get better. So with the weather playing ball at the weekend, it was good to see 25+ riders out on FIVE club runs, at all speeds and routes. It's also reassuring to read from Stuart Jones' report that despite two world cups taking place, world events in Israel and Ukraine, it's still cycling geek talk that dominates the conversations at the cafes... and quite right too, I hear you cry.

Dr Philip Whiteman used to pre-select the cafe discussions and chose the always popular themes of Albanian politics, Chinese social history or getting a good argument going on string theory cosmology, so always good to hear back some of the cafe discussions to see if they are still hitting past standards :D ...anyway, enough of this drivel... back to Beacon stuff!

Don't forget, the kit window 'slams shut' TODAY, and offers the opportunity of blue winter kits, and lots of tricolore clothing...don't miss out again!

You may also have seen that the Beacon Awards dinner is now publicised and tickets are available at a very reasonable £35...check with your buddies, but round 'em up and come along on the night, it should be a good 'un

Also, sign up for Stuart Jones' Track nights at Stourport most Fridays weather permitting... the feedback from these are that they're fun and testing at the same time, so go along and have a bash...all the details are on the message board.

Beacon are hosting a round of the WMCCL (cross) in late November and we will need support on the morning and potentially the day before, so although the regulars helpers are bound to be there, surprise us by looking inside yourself and saying 'I'll help with that - I haven't put myself out much for Beacon, and this is something I could do'...you will be very welcome. Talking of cross, the latest WMCCL took place at Top Barn on Sunday, with Matt Russell enjoying another top 5 finish and Adrian Ravenscroft and Jason Halstead also blasting round in the sunshine! Well done all, and don't forget to share some photos.

Finally, a strange request to finish, but Adrian does an awful lot for kids racing via the Academy with weekly training events in Moseley and regular events for racing, and he's in need of three things which you may have lying about your house...do you have?

i) One of those things that you wind up a garden hose on (he needs it for tape)
ii) Two wheelie bins (for carting stakes around)
iii) A BIG kit bag (The one we had from BC is now worn out)

If you have, then please let us know here!

See you soon, and get your winter kit ordered!

Phil