Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of November

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of November

Post by WorcsPhil » 06 Nov 2023 11:38

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Two weeks till the Beacon Awards dinner, and numbers soon have to be finalised later this week so please get your tickets asap please if you haven't already done so... we know in this day and age that a lot of people will never commit to anything until 9 seconds before they need to do something in case something better pops up, but in this case, nothing better will, so extend that 9 seconds to 12 days just this once!

Good to see the number of volunteers to the Beacon Cross event on Sunday 26th November increasing, so put on your Beacon hoodie or your Beacon bobble hat and put your name forward - What, you don't have one of those fashion accessories that you saw Linda Evangelista and David Gandy modelling at Milan last year? If not, you're still allowed to show up in all your scruffiness... :D

There were just shy of 40 riders out on Sunday on four club runs, with a very popular B ride split into an A and B to help with normalising the group sizes...good work all, and thanks to Neil Lynch, Michelle Thompson, Mariana Sorrill and Paul Balfe for leading the rides, and great to see Neil back leading... As I said last week, my sole ambition in life (I have no other ambitions at all :shock: ) is to get a group of 20-25 regular leaders this year rather than the 9-10 we had in the club run season just finished. A tough ask, but Neil has shown it can be done...

OOH, it's the Salinae and Cotswolds Audax this coming Saturday organised by our good friend Dr Philip Whiteman and Droitwich CC...Be good to get a few of the Beacon Randonneurs there for a November blast if you can make it! Talking of audaxes, the Beacon 121kms Sunrise and Snowdrop audax is open for registration and runs on the last Saturday in February next year, and as at present, I have had one Beacon entry, but I'm hoping for a good showing of Beacon tops come the moment...I'll be pushing this more early next year, but it normally sells out, so the 9 seconders amongst you will always have that problem of want to, but can't.

That's enough for this week...enjoy the sunshine amongst the showers

Phil

Dave Cox

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of November

Post by Dave Cox » 06 Nov 2023 15:55

Should have 2 Beacon entries for Snowdrop now. Bit optimistic. It pays to advertise !!!