Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 23rd/24th of December

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 23rd/24th of December

Post by WorcsPhil » 18 Dec 2023 17:28

WEEKLY UPDATE:

You may have read from the FB post that we had some very sad news last week, in that Harry Morris, the last surviving founder member of Beacon RCC in 1946, died last Friday at the grand old age of 92. He was there right from the start and we salute him for his efforts all those years ago, and the legacy he leaves as our club....

...and there was no better tribute to 'Snogger' Morris than to have a great wodge of Beacon riders riding or driving to the Swan pub in Chaddesley Corbett on Sunday and raising a glass in his honour. God bless you, Harry.

Yes, it was the annual Swan run on Sunday, and it was excellent as always...good Bathams beer, huge cheese cobs, pork pies and cycling banter rang through the pub, probably much to the consternation and bemusement of the locals. Thanks to all those turned up, it's always a great way to celebrate the onrush of Christmas... so this is Christmas? What have you done? Another year older and a new one's just begun... and just because we tend to overeat and overdrink and undersleep, then you are perfectly entitled to suggest a ride this weekend, on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or whenever, the rulebook has been swept away... suggest anything and who knows, someone may join you. There was even a cheeky 25miler last Christmas Day morn!

No Weekly update next week, so let me end this year with a merry Christmas to all and a safe and exciting 2024. Thanks for reading these pieces of weekly drivel and I promise to improve next year once Santa brings me some new crayons and a sense of humour :D

Phil