Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 6th/7th of January

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 6th/7th of January

Post by WorcsPhil » 02 Jan 2024 12:56

WEEKLY UPDATE:

I got some new crayons, so off I go again.

Where were we after being so rudely interrupted by the birth of our Lord? Oh yes, cycling. I hope you got new stabilisers for your bike, and more importantly, Santa brought you a lust for life and a cycling mojo like you've never had before? 2024 is upon us and what a year in store we have. I have heard plans aplenty so to whet your appetite.... what's going on?
Well, on the touring front, have you read the account of Alan Weaver, Si Walker and Si Turner's tour of northern Spain last Summer? It's a great read...Here's what's happened?
http://beaconrcc.org.uk/touring-report-december-2023/

In addition, Fenella Brown has just returned from a fabulous cycling tour of Cambodia and Thailand, and Helen Colson is leaving for South America in a couple of weeks for a monster, mountainous ride in the Andes, but before that, let's wish Pete Warwick well, who is leaving later this week for a 25-day tour from the top of the north Island in New Zealand to the bottom of the South Island, with most of it off-road...both of these solo tours look amazing and we wish them well on their travels and look forward to the photos and stories made en route.
Back home, of course there are only 8 weeks to the Sunrise and Snowdrop audaxes on 24th February... Loads of entries have come in, but still not that many from Beacon RCC people, although I know you are all waiting for Christmas to be over before you commit...so now it is, get in there! I'll be looking for helpers soon, so watch out for the call.

After the Christmas break, where no doubt we all overate, we'll all be looking to get back into it...there were a few notable exceptions of course, with a Christmas Day club ride (oh to have no sprout duties again!!) and some notable indoor rides, with Naomi Bell riding a 200k ride on Zwift (!!) and Richard Greer completing the Rapha Festive 500 completely with indoor rides (!! again)...so let's get back outside now despite the floods, pestilence and corpulence we all feel.

Club runs are back this weekend, so get yourself down to lead, and as promised before Christmas, we'll be publicising our club account on RideWithGps very soon, and how you can take advantage of that, as well as a 30- 45min Ride Leader course later this month and a Bike Maintenance course in the next few weeks, so plenty more announcements to come.

See you out on the road, I'll be the one tipping flood water out of my bottom bracket on Coalash Lane!

Happy New Year

Phil