Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 13th/14th of January

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 13th/14th of January

Post by WorcsPhil » 08 Jan 2024 10:48

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Only 2.5 club runs out at the weekend, so thanks to Noel O'Dwyer, Ian Gannon and Ade Ravenscroft for putting themselves up there and leading. Yes, it's generally regarded that this week is the most depressing of the year, so shake off those blues, put on your sparkly underpants and get on your bike. It's also generally regarded that if you lead a club ride this week, even the most expensive doctors agreed that this is the best antidote to any mojo deficiencies. So you know what to do....

I'm keeping it short this week, as I'm off to Sparkles Underpants shop at Merry Hill for a box set of undercrackers.

See you next week for a bit more normality.

Phil

David Cole

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 13th/14th of January

Post by David Cole » 11 Jan 2024 18:23

Hi Phil I have been looking at the action points from the AGM and I would like to congratulate you, George and Mick for the efforts you are making to invigorate Club runs and promote a greater sense of community in the Beacon. The action points are below and I think member's will agree that club runs are probably the most important element of club life and these actions should encourage more members to become involved in them:

ACTION Set up one or more ride leader’s courses in January.
ACTION Purchase a Beacon subscription to “Ride with GPS”
ACTION Organize quarterly Beacon rides all to the same destination. George Barker
ACTION Set up a series of specific rides on the calendar using “Ride with GPS .
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club