Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 17th and 18th of February

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 17th and 18th of February

Post by WorcsPhil » 12 Feb 2024 12:38

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Only a few days left to the Sunrise / Snowdrop Audaxes (24th Feb), and it has now been closed to new entries as we have sailed over 300 entrants, so it should be a great day. If you do fancy riding this and you haven't entered yet, let me know and I'll give you a heads up if/when I open it again for a day.

The whole cycling season is opening up before your eyes, and to ensure you know your torque wrench from your arse, why not come along to a Beacon mechanical masterclass (ok, it's for noddies like me, who just need some know-how on what to do with the basics and how to get home if you get a mechanical). It's now scheduled for Wednesday March 6th (early evening), but we're struggling for a suitable venue...we need a room that's warm, but don't mind a old bike or two being manhandled in the corner - if you know of somewhere, please give me and/or Mick Stanford a shout!

Just three club runs and the BC Guided Ride out on Sunday as the A mingled with the B, and some on the B went with the C, and some were at the B&Q...but thanks as always to those who led. Please let us know how you're getting on with the RidewithGps Club Account - It is a great library of routes but our feeling is that the 'Events' page is primarily to list the more 'out of the ordinary' events such as Beacon Tours etc rather than weekly club runs. So to avoid any confusion, if you are posting to lead a weekly club ride, please post onto the Message Board first. Thanks as always to Sunday's leaders namely Phil Gameson, Pete Norman and Richard Chaplin.

It's pancake day tomorrow and It's half term, so how best to tire out your rug rats this week, or those noisy kids next door! Well, there is no better way than to get them along to The Beacon Academy event on Tuesday (13th Feb). It's at Ackers between 12noon and 3pm, and we are very pleased to say that BC have donated a dozen Isla bikes to us of various sizes, so even if you don't have a suitable bike for your child to ride, we probably do! Anyone between 5-12 years of age will be very welcome! It's a great course with training provided...should be a good day!

That's all this week, get your bike washed, hose down your mojo and get out there...it certainly beats yet another Teams meeting or the weekly shop.

Phil