Beacon Burst 030324

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

AdeR

Beacon Burst 030324

Post by AdeR » 29 Feb 2024 19:08

I will lead a burst round Bartley Green Reservoir leaving the Black Horse at 09:10.
FAQs [Ok I am making the 'F'' bit up]
How far is the ride? We will be doing loops of a short circuit so it is up to you - you can do as many or as few as you like.
How fast will we go? That will depend on the riders. The idea is that we will stay as a group.
Is there a caf' stop? Maybe we could see what Tilly's bar & cafe thinks of cyclists when we've finished.
What's the point of riding round & round a reservoir? The lanes are pretty horrible at the minute (I did go & have a look at the Earlswood triangle but there are still road closures round there) and it is a good time to practice through & offs in a small group.
What are through & offs? See https://www.globalcyclingnetwork.com/ho ... a-paceline
Is it on GPS? No - if someone would like to put it on they would be most welcome. I do not have the technology.
Do we need mudguards? Yes please.
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

Ansel Ng

Re: Beacon Burst 030324

Post by Ansel Ng » 01 Mar 2024 16:44

Hi, I will join you for a few laps of burst. Thank you.

AdeR

Post by AdeR » 02 Mar 2024 19:25

See you in the morning :D Wrap up warm!
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

Ansel Ng

Post by Ansel Ng » 03 Mar 2024 08:16

Hi Adrian, I have got a stomach issue the whole morning so I will be a bit late, please feel free to go to the loop and I will see you there. I'm very sorry for the late notice.