Blackhorse an' Romsleyo Beacon Burst 170324

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

AdeR

Blackhorse an' Romsleyo Beacon Burst 170324

Post by AdeR » 12 Mar 2024 11:54

I will lead a burst round loops of a short circuit including Bartley Green Reservoir and Romsley leaving the Black Horse at 09:10.
FAQs [Ok I am making the 'F'' bit up - and probably the 'A' too]
How far is the ride? We will be doing loops of a short circuit so it is up to you - you can do as many or as few as you like. I plan to do 2 1/2 hours.
How fast will we go? That will depend on the riders. The idea is that we will stay as a group with designated sections to go 'full gas'. Regrouping at the end of each section.
Is there a caf' stop? Tilly's caf (at the sailing club) when we've finished. Last time I managed to nab the last slice of cake which was so big it did the two of us.
What's the point? i) repeating something means you can try and improve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52aJrBc0SE ii) It is not fun going full gas miles from home & then wondering how you're going to get back. iii) This way, caf legs at the end of the ride - not half way through.
Is it on GPS? No - if someone would like to put it on they would be most welcome. I do not have the technology.
Do we need mudguards? If it is wet, yes please. We may get away with it though- don't want to speak too soon!
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

snailmale

Re: Blackhorse an' Romsleyo Beacon Burst 170324

Post by snailmale » 12 Mar 2024 13:24

Good grief!
Laps of Bartley Green Reservoir, starting from the Black Horse.
I can remember doing that one June evening after being talked in to riding the Beacon Bash by John Cooper, a schoolmate.
Got away in a break and ended up at the Beacon Clubroom in Maas Road where I filled in an application to join the Club,
That was in 1952, which was, let me see, 72 years ago.
Good Grief, how time flies!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is better to be interesting rather than exact

AdeR

Post by AdeR » 13 Mar 2024 14:09

There we go - if that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is !!! Thank you Alan :-)

AdeR

Post by AdeR » 17 Mar 2024 14:38

So setting off on 17th March and the conditions did have something that would put you in mind of West Clare. The Beacon Burst consisted of me and ... well that's it. In a change to the advertised route I did two laps of the Thursday route we do in the summer. I had done a recce on Wednesday and decided it wasn't such a good idea climbing Romsley with the traffic lights. Put in a lap of the reservoir each time and was at Tilly's caf at the sailing club just gone midday - bacon butty & 2 mugs of tea [£4.50] home & bike washed by 1:30 I'll put this on again some time - as it gives people the option of just doing the one lap if they have other stuff on.