Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of May

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: George, Beacon RCC, WorcsPhil, David Cole, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry, deero83, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 11th and 12th of May

Post by WorcsPhil » 06 May 2024 13:49

WEEKLY UPDATE:

We're back after a couple of weeks rest from my ramblings...but let's face it, if I had have posted, it would only rumbling on about how great it is in Mallorca, so probably best that I didn't :D ...but the first Beacon trip there for ages was fab and watch out for plans for next year. I don't need to tell you that anyway, as lots of you have been there already, but if you haven't, it's the perfect cycling paradise.

Anyway, amazingly the weather forecast finally looks good for this week, so it's great that the Tuesday night bash is back...they leave from outside Northfield cycles from around 18:30, and there are 4 rides at different paces, so get yourself over there. Big thanks to Andy Deere who has stepped up to organise them this year and big thanks to Neil Orchard for doing these over the last couple of years.

It's also looking great next weekend, so rag off your solo cycling plans and come out on a club run, let's get a full set up on the MB early this week!

Top kudos of the week goes to Celia Doyle for her superb performances at the BMRC Tour of the Abberley's stage race...where she won the prologue, held onto the lead for two further stages, before being pipped on the very hilly last stage to finish third overall...there's a great photo of Celia racing in the Beacon tricolore jersey on the facebook post below - well done, Celia!!

Big thanks as always to the club run leaders at the weekend, namely Mick Stanford and George Lazenby...only two rides as there was lots of other things going on elsewhere on a Bank Holiday weekend, but no excuses this coming Sunday, get yourself out there!

Good to see the Beacon touring year is going well, with a good turnout for a midweek tour up to Coalport a week or so back organised by Alan Weaver, and with more plans in the pipeline including one in two weeks time to the Wye Valley (fully booked), take a look at the 'Touring' sections of the Message Board to see everything that is being planned. Please note that there are also two vacancies for the TWO-DAY trip to Weston at the end of June...snap them up quickly! It was also fabulous to see the Academy pictures from Ackers Adventure Weekend last Saturday, and the usual thanks to Ade Ravenscroft and his band of helpers for getting this organised so quickly at short notice.

Don't forget, if you've done something of interest, then please let me know so that I can crow about it on these updates...

That's it for now...see you at the weekend in your Factor 50.

Phil