C run 21st June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

petemarshall

C run 21st June

Post by petemarshall » 20 Jun 2015 13:40

By popular request I will lead a lumpy day out for the C run on 21st June.
Brunch at Arley.

http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=hnivmadzdnmcmfom

Includes Sheepwalks a lovely little climb. The most enjoyable of descents all the way back to Kniver past Robert Plant's house and a trip to Clent and Frankley just to round the day off. Nothing too steep on this one, we by pass Winwood Heath this time you will be glad to know. :D

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 21 Jun 2015 16:59

Despite me sticking the chain into my wheel and smashing a spoke on St Klenhelm the ride was otherwise pretty decent, although for the reason given I missed out on the last bit and after half a hour of cag handed wheel truing (making it worse ) had to arrange a rescue 😢
These were today's victims.
Mark McConkey
Phil Ewell
John Deeley
Ross Veale
Matt Dobson
Andy Wrightson
Charlie Pearson
Tom Muirhead
Callum Beirne
Bradley Spittle
Tone Crampton
Colin Edney
Rob Parker
Andy Terry

Andy Terry shared the wind and lead the ride back to safety after my downfall.

listensqueak

Post by listensqueak » 21 Jun 2015 18:48

Cheers for heading that one Pete. Brilliantly lumpy and good fun for my first trip to Arley. I can definitely recommend the cheese and onion omelette at the cafe. First time I have left stuff on my plate in an age! :shock:

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 21 Jun 2015 19:44

The little café by the river we passed after is even better (but too small for large groups ) excellent breakfast sandwiches and cakes served by the river.

John D

Post by John D » 22 Jun 2015 10:07

Pete, thanks for leading and great choice of route. Whisper it quietly but I nearly enjoyed the climbs aswell. Sorry to hear about the wheel issues and hope it's fixable back at base. Congrats to Matt and Ross for completing their first c runs.