Club Runs: 26th July

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

PhilG

Club Runs: 26th July

Post by PhilG » 25 Jul 2015 11:24

I know the Audax is on this weekend, but there is nothing saying whether or not there are any Club Runs from the Black Horse.

I am willing to lead a B run to the Wyre Forest Visitor Centre leaving the Black Horse at 9:15 as usual.
However, I would rather not turn out if no one else is interested.
So if no one else posts to say that they are coming I will withdraw my offer (and post to that effect first thing tomorrow morning).

Those who normally do the A Run are welcome if there is no A run, but please be willing to ride at B run pace.

N.B. It is likely to be wet.

I'll post a route if anyone express an interest.
Phil Gameson

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 25 Jul 2015 22:00

As we have no volunteers (apart from Phil) I think it's going to be a case of turning up at the Black Horse at the usual time and sorting something out.

We should try and stick to advance planning - unfortunately, this weekend got a bit overlooked due to today's audax.

PhilG

Post by PhilG » 26 Jul 2015 11:48

3 people turned up at the Black Horse, the weather forecast no doubt having something to do with the low turnout.

I had offered to lead to the Wyre Forest, but due to the weather and the small numbers we decided to do a shorter route instead.

We had originally intended to stop at Earlswood on the way back, but in the end decided to head straight for home. A bit of a pity to miss the social side of the club run, but by that time we all pretty wet.

We went out via Alvechurch and Tanworth in Arden and back via Hockley Heath, in all about 32 miles.

We were:
Phil Gameson (leader)
Chris Thomson
Huan Dong
Phil Gameson

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 26 Jul 2015 12:23

Thanks Phil, and well done for braving the wet weather.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 26 Jul 2015 12:58

Me, Thomas and Lisa made our own way to the Wyre Forest Visitor Centre via forestry tracks. Obviously nobody there due to the sensible decision to curtail the eventual destination in light of the poor weather.

Do we still get club run points?

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 26 Jul 2015 13:35

OK I believe you. Is there a photo?