Alternative Club Run - September

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Nicks_77

Alternative Club Run - September

Post by Nicks_77 » 24 Aug 2015 17:31

Alternative Club Ride Spetember - Staffordshire Moorlands

I was asked at last Friday's club curry night about organising another alternative club ride so I've been busy plotting a route. The same rules apply as before therefore, no emphasis will be placed upon min/max avg speeds as it's meant to be a nice ride out in some unfamiliar territory.

The route is approx 55-60 miles long and is relatively hilly. There will be a cafe/pub stop en-route.

The route link is below, and is subject to change/tweaking.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9994318

I'm looking at doing this one Sunday during September so if you can express your interest in the comments box and we'll take it from there!

Nicks_77

Post by Nicks_77 » 14 Sep 2015 13:21

Right then folks, only a few days until the Alternative Club Ride in North Staffs.

The route remains largely unchanged, however the return leg after the cafe stop in Cheadle will be ad hoc and weather dependent.

I've checked out the cafe in the week and they are really accommodating. A cafe lock will be required as bikes will have to be parked outside.

We will meet up on the caged car park at 37 Greasley Road, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-On-Trent, ST2 8JD, with a view to setting off at 9am prompt.

Current weather reports are looking good but that could all change.