Club runs: 27th September

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Andy Terry

Club runs: 27th September

Post by Andy Terry » 21 Sep 2015 17:19

A: Evesham - Philip Whiteman
B: Wellesbourne - Paul Johnson
C: Hillers Farm - Si Walker
Last edited by Andy Terry on 22 Sep 2015 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

dweben

Post by dweben » 21 Sep 2015 22:29

Oh what fresh horror will Phil take people on... will it be hilly, hillier, or hillamongous? Mis-lead me Phil... it's the only way I'll go along with your plans!

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 22 Sep 2015 09:23

dweben wrote:Oh what fresh horror will Phil take people on... will it be hilly, hillier, or hillamongous? Mis-lead me Phil... it's the only way I'll go along with your plans!
No, it is a return to the bog-standard A run destination of Evesham. We have not been there for ages. So this once popular destination can now be regarded as a novelty!

Out via Waseley; Return via Tardebigge.
Last edited by Philip Whiteman on 24 Sep 2015 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 22 Sep 2015 13:38

I'll take the B run to Wellesbourne http://www.the-coffee-stop.co.uk/. This might be the ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to step up from C run to B run.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10502840

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 22 Sep 2015 18:02

ballintrane wrote:I'll take the B run to Wellesbourne http://www.the-coffee-stop.co.uk/. This might be the ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to step up from C run to B run.
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10502840
Great stuff, Paul. Assuming you are going to stick to 15 mph - give or take, I would advise the B-run wannabees on the C run (you know who you are) to join this. And don't be afraid to let Paul know if he accidentally ups the pace.

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 22 Sep 2015 18:17

Andy that's the idea some need to take the plunge i won't leave anyone behind i promise it won't be the usual 17mph. :shock:

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 22 Sep 2015 22:01

ballintrane wrote:Andy that's the idea some need to take the plunge i won't leave anyone behind i promise it won't be the usual 17mph. :shock:
Really appreciate what you're doing.

Of course, this also presents those B runners who might find 15 a bit too steady with a perfect opportunity to graduate to the A run. This week looks like a nice straightforward one to Evesham.

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 25 Sep 2015 09:37

I will hopefully be able to lead the C ride on Sunday to Hillier's farm cafe. This will be a 50 mile route, (similar to previous). The route is as below for those with a GPS device.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9527005
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

MarkGrainger

Post by MarkGrainger » 26 Sep 2015 09:12

Morning,

I'm up from Bournemouth this weekend and hoping to avoid mother in law duty for a few hours. Will tag along with the A group again if you'll have me...

Cheers,

Mark

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 26 Sep 2015 15:41

In an unusual fashion, the route for tomorrow's A run is published here.

Having been under the weather for most of the week, my riding fitness is in a parlous condition at this current time. With providence tomorrow may be fine in terms of ability to lead at acceptable pace but one may have to relinquish the leadership of the group tomorrow and to detach from my peers at a reduced momentum. Anybody with the capacity and capability to download the aforementioned route file may wish to do so. A substitute leader may be greatly appreciated.

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 26 Sep 2015 17:06

Philip Whiteman wrote:In an unusual fashion, the route for tomorrow's A run is published here.
Is the U turn in Berry Lane mandoraty?

:wink:
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 26 Sep 2015 19:04

AlanW wrote:
Philip Whiteman wrote:In an unusual fashion, the route for tomorrow's A run is published here.
Is the U turn in Berry Lane mandoraty?

:wink:
Errm, no it is not. Just carry on down Berry Lane until you pick up the route again at the end of Timberhonger.

Google mapping appears to have gone bonkers again. Should have spotted that! :oops:

IanT

Post by IanT » 26 Sep 2015 20:51

Philip

I can lead if needs be but obviously we hope you are feeling better and able to turn out.

Ian

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 27 Sep 2015 07:30

IanT wrote:Philip

I can lead if needs be but obviously we hope you are feeling better and able to turn out.

Ian
Many thanks Ian. This morning it appears to have sinusitis and my muggy head dictates that riding will be be very unpleasant.

As Alan pointed out, my gps route indicates a peculiar dogleg down Berry Lane. Ignore this error by continuing down Berry Lane until the route reappears off Timberhonger.

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 27 Sep 2015 14:07

Todays A run to Evesham consisted of

John Hitchcock (leading on way there)
Martin McGowan
Matt Regan
Ian Taylor
Keith Adcock
Craig Walmsley
James Tate
Ian Simpson
Alan Weaver
Mark Grainger (visiting Birmingham from Bournemouth)

We were joined on way out by 2 riders from Albany Cycling Club (in New Zealand?) but lost them in Bishampton on the way out. Apologies from all in the group, we stopped when we realised you were missing & circled back to try & find you but continued when you could not be found - hope you still had a good ride & found your way back.

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 27 Sep 2015 14:08

On the C run in the sunshine to Hillier's Farm Cafe were;

Si Walker (L)
John Deeley
Huan Dong
Phil Elwell
Neil Evanson
Ryan Evanson
Mark Gardner
Mark McKonkey
Steve Smith
Simon Turner
Joe Warwood
Neill Whitehouse
Andy Wrightson
Last edited by Si_Walker on 27 Sep 2015 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 27 Sep 2015 14:34

martin mc wrote:Todays A run to Evesham consisted of

Martin McGowan
Matt Regan
Ian Taylor
Keith Adcock
Craig Walmsley
James Tate
Ian Simpson
Alan Weaver

We were joined on way out by 2 riders from Albany Cycling Club (in New Zealand?) but lost them in Bishampton on the way out. Apologies from all in the group, we stopped when we realised you were missing & circled back to try & find you but continued when you could not be found - hope you still had a good ride & found your way back.
Cracking ride today guys, and thanks for leading on the way out John.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 27 Sep 2015 14:40

On today's sunny B run to Wellesbourne(within club run guidelines on average speed)
Paul Johnson(L)
Neil Orchard
Andy Deere
Gareth Powley
Phil Gameson
Kevin Frobisher(Welcome back!!)

Another new cafe and a good alternative to Charlecote Garden centre.

KevF

Post by KevF » 27 Sep 2015 16:13

Cheers Paul for leading and everyone else for their excellent company. It is indeed good to be back doing club runs again!

andy_g

Post by andy_g » 27 Sep 2015 16:17

martin mc wrote:Todays A run to Evesham consisted of

Martin McGowan
Matt Regan
Ian Taylor
Keith Adcock
Craig Walmsley
James Tate
Ian Simpson
Alan Weaver

No need for apologies, you were nice enough to wait after the first **flat**. Jess got another **flat** about 10km out of Evesham. We fixed it and went on after you, but got a bit lost on the way to Evesham, plus once we got there we had no idea which cafe you'd be at. Got 3rd **flat** on the way out! Luckily I had a repair kit. Thanks for the ride.

neilo

B run to Wellesbourne.

Post by neilo » 27 Sep 2015 17:06

Cheers for leading today Paul and thanks to the rest for the good company, good cafe choice as well.

keith

Post by keith » 27 Sep 2015 17:17

Thanks to John for picking up the battern today . While I knew most of the lanes I was never sure exactly how they would join up and lead to Eversham .

On the subject of Wellesborn was it the air field cafe ? If so we used to go there a lot and it was really good , I think we hit them a couple of times with both the A and B at the same time so 20 odd riders , and the service got a bit slow hence the shift of destination.

ballintrane

Wellesbourne cafe.

Post by ballintrane » 27 Sep 2015 17:32

No Keith it was in the town http://www.the-coffee-stop.co.uk/ worth the trip for the breakfast baguette. :D

matthew

Post by matthew » 27 Sep 2015 18:10

Cracking a run today guys and wicked weather for end of September.
m regan

Simmo

Post by Simmo » 27 Sep 2015 19:21

Cheers si
Good route magic weather long may it continue

MarkGrainger

Post by MarkGrainger » 27 Sep 2015 22:24

Big thanks to all on today's run. Great route, great company and great bread pud!

Hope to see you soon; happy riding...

Cheers,

Mark