How to join a run the first time?

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Serg

How to join a run the first time?

Post by Serg » 11 Sep 2016 18:32

Hi everyone.
I recently moved to Birmingham and I want to join your club. I've been waiting for the intro ride announcement last week but didn't see any. Could you let me know if I can join your runs? Maybe not necessaraly intro run, any run with more or less relax pace.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 11 Sep 2016 20:25

Welcome, Sergey. You can join a club run any Sunday you want - there's no need for your first one to be an introductory ride. The club run guidelines are here, if you want to know how far/fast they tend to be (although it's always best to check with the leader what they have planned): http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/club_runs/sunday/index.html. I think we normally say that it's fine to do a few club runs before you join officially, just to make sure that we're the club for you.

Sorry about the lack of advertising for the last intro ride, but it didn't have a leader until the last minute. Note also that there are no club runs next Sunday because it's the club hill-climb championships. Normal service resumes the following week.