'Cycling Weekly' Club run

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Tim

Post by Tim » 08 Nov 2016 22:00

I can't make. Enjoy everyone. Just seen forecast for Friday, very heavy rain and wind so tomorrow the right choice...probably!
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 08 Nov 2016 22:00

toby wrote:
Hels147 wrote:Anyone got some heated insoles?! Not been on the road bike since the weather changed.... Fear I'm gonna be cold! :shock:
You, Andy and me on a ride together again? The weather is guarenteed to be utterly disgusting now!!
Oh sh1t! :roll: :lol:
If you’re all about the destination, take a f#€king flight!

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 09 Nov 2016 16:04

Very enjoyable ride and much better weather than anticipated. Many thanks to Phil for setting it up and leading. Look forward to seeing what Dave writes up.

keith

Post by keith » 09 Nov 2016 16:31

Really enjoyed the run today nice to ride with club members who don't ordinarily find themselves in the same group as each other.
We should find other excuses to do this from time to time .

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 09 Nov 2016 16:49

Greatly releaved that we did not have a discussion on Chinese philosophy and instead focussed upon Schumpetrian economics and its impact upon on Austrian fiscal policy during the interwar years. Much more interesting, thanks all for the sintilating discussion.

Aside from that, I hope we did not bore Dave too much. It was great to have our guest riding with us along with Andy in the pursuing car with camera at hand. Andy Wrightson piloted him back to Northfield.

One downside to the day - the filthy state of my bike :(

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 09 Nov 2016 16:52

Yes, an enjoyable ride to/from Evesham with a good cross-section of riders. Turning up were:

Phil Richards
Alan Weaver
Andy Wrightson
Neil Orchard
Colin Groves
Toby Draper
Philip Whiteman
Matt Clegg
Keith Adcock
Ian Simpson
Dave Cox
Helen Jamieson
Gary Mac
Andy Terry
Dave Nash (Cycling Weekly Journalist)

...and great to see Oscar Hopkins at the Black Horse with his ceremonial first tee shot to set us off. Cycling Weekly took the chance to interview and photo Oscar, which was good to see.

Dave Nash rode with us, there and back, and most, if not all of us had the chance to have a chat with him. Andy, The photographer drove ahead and took plenty of 'bimbling' action as well as the inevitable café shots.

Thanks to all who turned up and rode, and Keith was right, it was good to chat with Beaconites we don't often ride with for whatever reason.

The article will be published 'in the New Year' so look out for it...hopefully our tirades against Donald J Trump won't feature.

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 09 Nov 2016 16:55

Super day out, thanks everyone. Even Hipton Hill wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be once loaded with bread pudding.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Hels147

Post by Hels147 » 09 Nov 2016 17:33

Yeah, a good day, although probably would have been even better if I wasn't suffering with a cold. Thanks to everyone who got me back ok, I was starting to flag a bit!
If you’re all about the destination, take a f#€king flight!

neilo

Post by neilo » 09 Nov 2016 18:40

Thanks for arranging today Phil, agree with what Keith said that it was good to ride with fellow beaconites we don't normally see, thanks to everyone for the company and especially to Mr whiteman for some erm interesting discussions, oh don't forget to expect a call from the waitress :roll:

Colin G

Post by Colin G » 10 Nov 2016 08:58

Thanks for organising yesterdays ride Phil. Was a treat to have a mid week spin out.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 10 Nov 2016 09:19

Dave Nash is also the brains behind the social network site, Wheelsuckers. It's a rather good site and worth a look if you are not familiar with it. The network is more accessible and user friendly compared with many of its contemporaries.

http://www.wheelsuckers.co.uk/

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 05 Jan 2017 15:38

Tip off: The Beacon Cycling Weekly advert will appear in next week's edition - Thursday 12th January.

Apparently..."it is not editorial policy to release copy prior to publication and the copy submitted may be amended for reasons of space etc."...so let's hope that they have been kind