Club runs - 23rd April

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 23rd April

Post by WorcsPhil » 17 Apr 2017 10:33

Fooled by a crap weather forecast, the day actually turned out quite pleasant and dry, and 17 people ventured out on two club runs, with a particularly tasty Beacon Burst. Lots of other bike adventures I saw going on over the long weekend, but all were topped by Stuart White's return trip from Birmingham to Newcastle-upon-Tyne and 450miles in 45 hours. Top bombing.

No club runs this coming weekend, of course, as it's the Beacon Little Mountain Time Trial from Shelsley Walsh...come along and watch or marshall if you've not entered...good luck to all riders.

...and now, it's #2 of our attempts to fill up the club run diary with leaders. We've tried being nice, and appealing to your better natures, but please see a list of people below, where it would be ideal if each person picked one of the dates available to lead. Our experiment of trying to move people up one ride, to enable c-rides to become more manageable and b-rides more slow is in it's early days, but after speaking to a few people yesterday, there was the view that this is the right thing to do. So, people below...get in touch!

A-ride leader? | B-ride leader? | C-ride leader?

Phil Richards | Andy Terry | Colin Hall
Neil Orchard | Si Walker | Pete Norman
Andy Wrightson | Phil Gameson | Helen Jamieson
Vince Tennant | Colin Graves | Mark McConkey
Jon Williams | Phil Elwall | Neil Evanson
Nick Shenton | Neil Lynch | Mike Balenski
James Tate | John Deeley | Dave Little
Steve Philpott | Mark Connell | Adrian McHugh
Rob Wade
Paul Johnson

So plenty of names there.

- If your name is on the list, I hope to see a post from you either for this April/May/June diary or the Summer one. Nick and James have already volunteered to lead A-runs, so thanks as always to both of you.

- If your name is not on the list, then you are still encouraged to volunteer...either post here, or if you cannot register on the website due to it's current issue, then post to facebook, or even text me on 07803 258902, I'll do the rest.