Club runs - 3rd December

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 3rd December

Post by WorcsPhil » 27 Nov 2017 11:11

On a bitterly cold day on Sunday, there were 25 riders dressed up like Nanook of the North on the 3 club rides. Thanks to Andy, Phil and Dave for leading the A, B and C respectively and what fine rides they all were. Just like hearing the first cuckoo of spring, hearing the first plaintive calls of 'ice' as we ride on quiet lanes is an annual feature, and how reassuring it is that so many ride despite such conditions. H&S gone mad.

It's the Beacon dinner this Saturday night, and Jess has deservedly won NINE trophies after her stellar year. I've advised her to walk up and receive them only once, but take a team of sherpas with her to carry the silverware home....and Matt Clegg and Simon Dighton aren't far behind with their multiple trophies. Congratulations to all the winners, even Philip Whiteman who has stolen my audax trophy with some secret squirrel rides this year...only joking, Philip your 4,000kms of audax riding has put my lowly 3,000kms to shame.

...and as it is the Beacon big night out, club run attendance may be affected...but if you're not going, or are determined enough to do both, then we have a couple of club runs for your delectation. These are:

Combined A and B ride at B-ride pace: Warwick - Paul Johnson
C: Lavender Hall - Simon Woodward

Intro ride: Leader and support required...if not, we'd encourage new riders to join Simon's C-ride this week.

ballintrane

Re: Club runs - 3rd December

Post by ballintrane » 27 Nov 2017 11:21

Sunday's route will be something like this https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26544370 if someone wants to lead a separate B run i can make mine just a A run but i thought there might be one or two people a little worse for wear after the club dinner the night before and a easier club run might be the order of the day. :lol:
Last edited by ballintrane on 30 Nov 2017 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Johnson

Simon Woodward

Post by Simon Woodward » 27 Nov 2017 19:36

I'll be leading a nice leisurely C run to Lavender Hall following this route - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26516740
It's 51 miles and a nice flat route with the cafe at about 28 miles.
Coincidentally, on the way back we'll go past Packwood House which is part of the British Cycle Quest - https://www.cyclinguk.org/british-cycle-quest
If anyone wants to know any more about the British Cycle Quest let me know.

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 29 Nov 2017 14:25

Having read Dave Cox's report from last weeks visit to Evesham i am going to change my club run to Warwick about the same distance something like this https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26553171 (The thought of turning up and no bread pudding might be too much for some people!!)
Paul Johnson

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 30 Nov 2017 10:31

Just about to do the Facebook page announcement of the club runs, but wanted to check whether there is an intro ride this month?

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 30 Nov 2017 11:17

Good point, Laurence. Yes there will as long as there is a leader coming forward, otherwise, I'd highly recommend Simon's C-ride this week.

There won't be an Intro ride in January, but back in February

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 03 Dec 2017 14:34

On today's A/B run to Warwick
Paul Johnson(L)
Xavier Disley
Jess Rhodes-Jones
Alan Weaver
Ryan Evanson
Neil Lynch
Adam Green
Richard Wrightson
Andy Wrightson
Joe Warwood
Phil Gameson
Last edited by ballintrane on 03 Dec 2017 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Johnson

PhilG

Post by PhilG » 03 Dec 2017 15:03

I was on Paul's ride too (and my name was on top of the list!).
Thanks for leading today Paul, and sorry that we showed our thanks by dropping you towards the end - I know it was quite hard going at the front on the way back.
Phil Gameson

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 03 Dec 2017 15:14

PhilG wrote:
03 Dec 2017 15:03
I was on Paul's ride too (and my name was on top of the list!).
Sorry Phil :oops:
Paul Johnson

Simon Woodward

Post by Simon Woodward » 03 Dec 2017 15:48

On the C run today were:-
Chris Ankcorn (Fixed)
Richard Chaplin
Neil Evanson
Dave Hutchings
Clare Ingle & Vince Tennant (Tandem)
Dave Little
Adrian McHugh
Andy Terry (Met us at the cafe)
Will Woodhouse
Simon Woodward (Leading)

The ride was wetter than expected with the shower after the cafe stop being particularly cold and wet.
We had a **flat** early on that was soon rectified and the tandem threw a spoke but other than that an uneventful ride.