Club runs - 14th Jan

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 14th Jan

Post by WorcsPhil » 08 Jan 2018 09:13

Well, there were only two winners on Sunday and they were the iceman and the Zwift app. Best laid plans and all that, but common sense prevailed and there were only a handful at the Black Horse with hope rather than expectation in their hearts, and Pete somewhere in Belbroughton waiting for the cavalry that didn't appear. Good grief, even Andy Wrightson didn't venture out...so let's try again.

Don't forget, Barry Evans will always welcome you in Brisbane for the upside down A-run where the temperature is always 30c

This Sunday, it will be warmer, so let's try to get three classic club runs organised. We have an A-ride already planned, and it would be good to match this with pre-planned B and C rides. You know the drill...

This week's rides are:

A: Evesham - Neil Lynch
B: Volunteer required
C: Whitlenge garden center - Carolyn Clegg

NeilL

Re: Club runs - 14th Jan

Post by NeilL » 09 Jan 2018 18:46

If there is no B ride leader coming forward, then happy to make this a joint A/B ride – With my recent mileage, the weather and the state of the lanes, this may be closer to a B run pace anyway.

The run to Evesham will be around 100k mostly flat out, but with one or two lumps on the way back. Route is something like this
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20064699

If the weather is bad then I’ll consider changing this to a closer destination. If its anything like last weekend then I’ll cancel, I will make a final call Sunday morning and post on here.

Andy W

Post by Andy W » 11 Jan 2018 15:00

Andy Wrightson was stuck in bed with the lurgy nothing to do with the weather aha

carolyn

Post by carolyn » 12 Jan 2018 18:06

I'll lead a little C ride. Heading to Witlenge garden centre 🙈

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 12 Jan 2018 19:20

Carolyn, could you look out for a new rider called Fiona Vaughan at the Black Horse? She messaged the club Facebook page saying she's looking for a club to join and would like to do the C run.

carolyn

Post by carolyn » 12 Jan 2018 19:44

Will do 👍👍👍

NeilL

Post by NeilL » 14 Jan 2018 17:07

On today's chilly A run everyone agreed that kit choice is far easier in the virtual world, but the real world isn't all that bad if it's warm! Role on the summer.

Attendees:
Andy McGrath
Brass monkey
Chris Ashford
Dom walker
James Tate
George Barker - met at the cafe
Joe Warwood
Jon Williams
Neil Lynch (leading)
Nic Shenton
Paul Johnston

I think a few turned off with Andy Wright at the start, I was told to go to Wyre forest cafe but not sure.

Phil R also turned off. Sorry Phil didn't hear any shouts, but looks like you had a solo spin. Do I loose club points ts for dropping the club secretary?

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 14 Jan 2018 17:37

Carolyn
Thanks for leading the run today. Very interesting and along some lanes I never ridden on before. It was 40 miles for me, which was exactly what i had planned
Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

Alberto Recchioni

Post by Alberto Recchioni » 15 Jan 2018 11:06

Carolyne et al. sorry to have left without saying bye.

Andy, Si and I we were freezing so Si took the lead and speed-up a bit the pace. I felt better after that.
We have a no-stop run about 60/65 km and it allowed me to be at home around 12:30 (afternoon at work :( )

Thanks Andy and Si. It was nice!

carolyn

Post by carolyn » 15 Jan 2018 14:56

Thank you for a great turnout and a much needed social ride with the Beacon family. So we took a vote at the Black Horse and decided to take a trip to Akambas instead of whitlenge. 38 miles later and a little on the lumpy side we arrived at our destination.... Much to the delight of my trusting followers as promised the cafe stop was 'just round the next corner'! After quick consultation with Mr President it was decided he would take us the direct route home as the team were concerned that my route home may take us via Coventry ;-) Only lost 3 on the way out but happily we were reunited at Akambas.

Carolyn Clegg (Anyone want a puff of my Salbutamol?) (Lead)
Dave Cole Mr President
Claire Ingis and Vince Tennant (Kudos for the massive tandem efforts to get over the lumps)
Fioan Vaughn (well done to our newbie on her 1st Beacon ride!)
Simon Turner (it was all your fault)
Simon Woodward
Adrian McHugh
Dave Little
Dave Cox
Neil Evanson
Colin Hall (half man half hound!)

Andy Wrighton Simon Walker and Alberto Regccioni joined us for 2 miles then zipped off to keep warm... if only they'd have stayed with us they would have soon warmed up mwahhhh #panflat

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 15 Jan 2018 18:20

Great run Carolyn thanks - you must come out with the C group again

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 18 Jan 2018 07:27

And there was me sitting at the top of Waseley waiting for the C ride to come past! I should have got out of the house quicker and gone to the Black Horse.
Anne