Club runs - 29th April

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 29th April

Post by WorcsPhil » 23 Apr 2018 08:59

So am I the only person this spring who hasn't gone to Mallorca? Next year, we should do a club run out to the lighthouse.

Back in mundane Blighty, an excellent weekend of cycling saw a healthy Beacon contingent out on the Cambrian Audax in Wales on Saturday, where there was fine sunshine in the mountains, a rare feast. Other Beacon riders were also spotted on Sunday at the Cat and Fiddle sportive with less good weather, and the local 'Ride the Reservoir' sportive.

We had two club runs also...A big thanks to Neil O. for posting his A-run to Pershore, and to Neil E. for leading the ad hoc C-ride to Lavender Hall. Eighteen riders out on our weekly club runs...First time leader for Neil E...good stuff. It isn't that different from not leading, eh?

This week, we have Neil Lynch (Just a reminder that you don't have to be called Neil to lead a club run!) leading to a new café at Stanford Bank. You'll be pleased to know that the café is at the bottom, however, as Neil is riding the infamous Fred Whitton sportive two weeks later, can riders please insist he does hill repeats up and down Stanford Bank whilst you munch on your bacon sandwiches.

As usual, B and C-ride leaders are also welcome to volunteer to lead.

This weeks rides are:

A: Stanford Bank - Neil Lynch
B: Volunteer required
C: Croome Park - Si Walker

NeilL

Re: Club runs - 29th April

Post by NeilL » 24 Apr 2018 11:13

Er, thanks for the suggestions Phil, a club run should always stay together so I’ll see how the group feels… :shock:

The café is the Den café,

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=The% ... 4&v=2&sV=1

I don’t think a club run has been here before, they seem cyclist friendly and when I popped in the food and service was great.

I’ll post a route shortly but most likely to be 60-70 miles with a few lumps along the way. Fingers crossed for good weather, but looks like we may see the odd light shower.

NeilL

Post by NeilL » 25 Apr 2018 16:59

The A run route will be something like this

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27318679

its a rolling 66 miles route with 1 or 2 lumps, if the weathers bad then may change as some of the lanes might be a bit mucky

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 27 Apr 2018 13:00

I propose that the C ride goes to Croome Park, 62 miles return from the Black Horse and it is fairly flat. Outward via Bournheath and Droitwich, return via Flyford and Tardebigge, speed will be ~14 mph average.
There is a chance we will not arrive in time for breakfast, but they usually have sandwiches and plenty of cake available. Due to the distance we may not be back until 14.30.
Weather forecast is for a chilly start and a high of 10 deg C with a possibility of showers.
The GPS route is here;
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27333159

Anyone wanting to take a shorter (non stop) route can go as far as Droitwich then take the Saltway and rejoin the route at Feckenham.
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 29 Apr 2018 15:56

The C riders on today's chilly pedal to Croome Park were as follows;

Chris Ankorn
Nathan Burton
Dave Cox
Neil Evanson
Wayne Gibbs
Dave Little
Pete Norman
Simon Turner
Si Walker (Leading)
Simon Woodward

Matt and Toby Hale came as far as Droitwich and peeled off homeward.

Thanks to Simon W, Nathan and Dave L with the assist while I repaired a flat at Tardibigge.
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

NeilL

Post by NeilL » 29 Apr 2018 18:59

Today's A run was an other wise text book a fair, apart from the **flat** fairy tagging a long, and the lack of anyone called Paul Johnson!

Neil Lynch (leading)
Vinice Tennant
Phil (let me just pump this wheel again) Elwell
Andy Wrightson
Ben crone
Nick Shenton
Jon Hitchcock

Pleased with the cafe, we had a table reserved after phoning ahead, which I'd recommend if there was a big group. The service was good and there was a broad selection of drinks and food including all the cyclists favourites.

BenC

Post by BenC » 29 Apr 2018 21:50

Good ride today, thanks Neil.

This is the bike insurance I mentioned: https://pedalcover.co.uk/ - the best cover I've found by a long way.

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 29 Apr 2018 23:02

NeilL wrote:
29 Apr 2018 18:59
and the lack of anyone called Paul Johnson!
A person resembling Paul Johnson was spotted near Alvechurch this morning.