Club Runs - 27th October

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club Runs - 27th October

Post by WorcsPhil » 21 Oct 2019 13:36

25 rides out in the sunshine on Sunday on the three club rides. Thanks To Paul Johnson, Simon White and Dave Cox for leading...some vast cycling knowledge and experience in those three names, eh?

...and there you go, I came through a full Monday post without using the word 'volunteer'...DAMN!! Failed again... :x

Anyway, this week's rides should all have a theme as El Presidente is leading the C-ride and El Chairmante is leading the A-ride, so how about you either have to be a Villa fan or a Beacon member to lead the B-ride this week...

This week's rides are:

A: Coalport YHA Café - Phil Richards
B: Evesham - Phil Elwell
C: Lavender Hall (using this route) - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31169426 - Simon Turner

George

Re: Club Runs - 27th October

Post by George » 23 Oct 2019 18:55

Very sorry to mess people around, but a client wants me to do a job that will involve working most of the weekend. So I'm afraid that I'm going to have to cry off leading Sunday's C run. I'm happy to lead on a later date this quarter instead. The next Sunday that I'm available is 1 December.

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 24 Oct 2019 11:32

Weather looks decent on Sunday, so as it closes for the winter next weekend (I checked), this Sunday's A-ride will be to Coalport YHA Café, using something like this route...
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31359871

35 miles there, 35 miles back. Clocks go back this weekend, so an extra hours sleep for everyone...woohoo. I'll retain the 09:15 start

Please can we have a B-ride and C-ride leader please. Please note, that if no one responds to this request, I have definitely won the 'Most Ignored Beacon Member for 2019'. This will be my 100th message that no has read or responded to. I am so proud. When presented with this trophy, it is customary to look the other way, and talk amongst yourselves... :D Good job, I am thick-skinned.

Phil_Elwell

Post by Phil_Elwell » 25 Oct 2019 15:54

I'll lead a B run to Raphael's in Evesham

Simmo

Post by Simmo » 26 Oct 2019 08:14

I’ll lead the C run to Lavender Hall Phil. (UTV)

On today’s C run
Si Turner (leading)
Si Walker
Adrian McHugh
Paul Balfe
Ash Turner
Dave Cox
Neil Evanson
Phil Gameson
Great day,good company standing water required the occasional snorkel.
Last edited by Simmo on 27 Oct 2019 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 26 Oct 2019 16:08

Ride in your wetsuits tomorrow. The roads out here in the sticks are treacherous with flooding and the EA are suggesting that conditions will not improve until after the weekend. I'll be taking my snorkel just in case.

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 27 Oct 2019 21:42

...and in the A-Run today to Coalport were, in alphabetical order:

Sir Ken Dodd
Paul Johnson
Neil Lynch
Neil Orchard
Phil Richards (Leading)
Nick Shenton
Lee Spiers
Vince Tennant
Philip Whiteman
John Williams
Andy Wrightson

A funny old day, beautifully sunny, puddly and wet under-tyre, with a humdinger of a chain snap, followed almost immediately by a flat, saw the ride break up as people needed to get home to wrap their Christmas presents. All returned safely after splashing through a huge puddle that reached the chainset, accompanied by mean looking crocs at the roadside.

Thanks all for a fun day!

Phil_Elwell

Post by Phil_Elwell » 28 Oct 2019 08:02

In yesterday's sunny cycling and sailing B-run:

Phil Elwell (L)
Andy McGrath
Jon Sadler
Claire Fudge
Shaun Jackson
Margaret Ehrenberg

(and a young lady with brown hair who didn't stay at the cafe for long who's name I didn't collect)

Fenella

Post by Fenella » 30 Oct 2019 07:55

That was me on the b ride. Thanks for leading the ride, Phil.