A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, Beacon RCC, David Cole, Andy Terry, Kermit, WorcsPhil

Post Reply
WorcsPhil
Posts: 652
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 21:57
Real Name: Phil Richards

A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by WorcsPhil » 16 Dec 2019 11:21

It's 2020, an Olympic year, so to get you into shape for the team pursuit in Tokyo, it's time you came out on a club run. What do they offer you? Well a respite from inside turbo riding, and solo riding where you know you'll cut it short because you've lost your mojo, club runs are mojo-givers! Bacon, social riding, light opera, what could be better, so come on out and re-join Beacon club runs, the shortest we will do in 2020 is around 40kms and the longest over 700kms, so surely, there's something for everyone there!

If you are able to lead a club run or two, please post the date and café destination on this thread.

This purpose of this topic is compile the schedule of club runs. Discussion about individual rides, including rider lists, should be done in a separate thread that I will post every Monday for that week.

05/01/2020 A: Albrighton - Nick Shenton B: 22miler - Gemma Johnson C: Worcester Country Park - Noel O'Dwyer No Intro ride in January
12/01/2020 A: Cropthorne - Phil Richards B: Beacon Burst - Gemma Johnson C: Lavender Hall - Pete Norman
19/01/2020 A: Wellesbourne - Andy Wrightson B: Upton Snodsbury - Simon Woodward C:


26/01/2020 A: Blackminster - Nick Shenton B: Beacon Burst - Neil Orchard C: Alcestis - Pete Norman

02/02/2020 A: B: C: Intro ride: Destination TBC - George Barker
09/02/2020 A: B: C:
16/02/2020 A: Destination TBC - Phil Richards B: C:
23/02/2020 A: B: C:
01/03/2020 A: B: C: Intro ride
This is the weekend of the Sunrise/Snowdrop audaxes, see you all there!
08/03/2020 A: B: C: Destination TBC - George Barker
15/03/2020 A: B: C:
22/03/2020 A: B: C:
29/03/2020 A: B: C:
05/04/2020 A: B: C: Intro ride

User avatar
George
Posts: 1694
Joined: 18 Nov 2006 10:21
Real Name: George Barker
Location: Worcestershire

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by George » 17 Dec 2019 15:23

Phil, I'll lead the February Intro Ride, and hopefully there'll be a proper Intro Ride calendar set up ahead of the March Intro Ride.

I'll also lead a C run on 8 March, but I think I'll leave B runs until spring gets properly under way.

User avatar
Simon Woodward
Posts: 75
Joined: 21 May 2017 21:49
Real Name:

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Simon Woodward » 30 Dec 2019 13:34

I'll lead a B ride on the 19th Jan. Destination to be decided depending on the forecast.

User avatar
Philip Whiteman
Posts: 1755
Joined: 19 Nov 2006 16:17
Real Name:
Location: Drayton, Worcestershire

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Philip Whiteman » 30 Dec 2019 14:42

Subject to roads being ice-free. I'll take an A run to Clive's Fruit Farm at Cropthorne. If icy, I will opt out.
Beacon Audaxes The Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven 20.7.19; Autumn South Salopian 5.10.19. www.beaconrcc.org.uk/

User avatar
George
Posts: 1694
Joined: 18 Nov 2006 10:21
Real Name: George Barker
Location: Worcestershire

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by George » 31 Dec 2019 10:33

Philip Whiteman wrote:
30 Dec 2019 14:42
Subject to roads being ice-free. I'll take an A run to Clive's Fruit Farm at Cropthorne. If icy, I will opt out.
Is this a sort of 'permanent' club run, Phil?

User avatar
Philip Whiteman
Posts: 1755
Joined: 19 Nov 2006 16:17
Real Name:
Location: Drayton, Worcestershire

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Philip Whiteman » 12 Jan 2020 09:29

I'll do the B Run on the 19th. Venue: Cropthorne
Beacon Audaxes The Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven 20.7.19; Autumn South Salopian 5.10.19. www.beaconrcc.org.uk/

User avatar
Simon Woodward
Posts: 75
Joined: 21 May 2017 21:49
Real Name:

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Simon Woodward » 14 Jan 2020 14:02

Simon Woodward wrote:
30 Dec 2019 13:34
I'll lead a B ride on the 19th Jan. Destination to be decided depending on the forecast.
So it appears that the call for riders to get their names down early has lead to foul play in the B ride.
I've been gazumped by Lord Whiteman. :twisted:

I'll be harrumphing at the back, encouraging everyone to ride at least 3 abreast whilst overtaking the leader and meandering aimlessly across the road.

Can you put me down to lead on the 9th Feb please.

User avatar
Philip Whiteman
Posts: 1755
Joined: 19 Nov 2006 16:17
Real Name:
Location: Drayton, Worcestershire

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Philip Whiteman » 14 Jan 2020 15:56

Simon Woodward wrote:
14 Jan 2020 14:02
Simon Woodward wrote:
30 Dec 2019 13:34
I'll lead a B ride on the 19th Jan. Destination to be decided depending on the forecast.
So it appears that the call for riders to get their names down early has lead to foul play in the B ride.
I've been gazumped by Lord Whiteman. :twisted:

I'll be harrumphing at the back, encouraging everyone to ride at least 3 abreast whilst overtaking the leader and meandering aimlessly across the road.

Can you put me down to lead on the 9th Feb please.
Sorry Simon. I did not know you had volunteered as the date and ride showed vacant at the top of the page. I blame the Club Run Secretary and Committee Chairman who is clearly out of touch with the concepts of good project management through spending time being too dainty. This matter deserves an EGM at the very least.

I shall relinquish my offer as club run leader and hand it over to your good-self.
Beacon Audaxes The Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven 20.7.19; Autumn South Salopian 5.10.19. www.beaconrcc.org.uk/

User avatar
Simon Woodward
Posts: 75
Joined: 21 May 2017 21:49
Real Name:

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Simon Woodward » 14 Jan 2020 19:10

Philip Whiteman wrote:
14 Jan 2020 15:56
Simon Woodward wrote:
14 Jan 2020 14:02
Simon Woodward wrote:
30 Dec 2019 13:34
I'll lead a B ride on the 19th Jan. Destination to be decided depending on the forecast.
So it appears that the call for riders to get their names down early has lead to foul play in the B ride.
I've been gazumped by Lord Whiteman. :twisted:

I'll be harrumphing at the back, encouraging everyone to ride at least 3 abreast whilst overtaking the leader and meandering aimlessly across the road.

Can you put me down to lead on the 9th Feb please.
Sorry Simon. I did not know you had volunteered as the date and ride showed vacant at the top of the page. I blame the Club Run Secretary and Committee Chairman who is clearly out of touch with the concepts of good project management through spending time being too dainty. This matter deserves an EGM at the very least.

I shall relinquish my offer as club run leader and hand it over to your good-self.
Phil,
Thanks for the offer but I'm happy to follow in your slipstream to Clives of Cropthorne.

User avatar
Philip Whiteman
Posts: 1755
Joined: 19 Nov 2006 16:17
Real Name:
Location: Drayton, Worcestershire

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by Philip Whiteman » 15 Jan 2020 08:56

Simon Woodward wrote:
14 Jan 2020 19:10
Philip Whiteman wrote:
14 Jan 2020 15:56
Simon Woodward wrote:
14 Jan 2020 14:02


So it appears that the call for riders to get their names down early has lead to foul play in the B ride.
I've been gazumped by Lord Whiteman. :twisted:

I'll be harrumphing at the back, encouraging everyone to ride at least 3 abreast whilst overtaking the leader and meandering aimlessly across the road.

Can you put me down to lead on the 9th Feb please.
Sorry Simon. I did not know you had volunteered as the date and ride showed vacant at the top of the page. I blame the Club Run Secretary and Committee Chairman who is clearly out of touch with the concepts of good project management through spending time being too dainty. This matter deserves an EGM at the very least.

I shall relinquish my offer as club run leader and hand it over to your good-self.
Phil,
Thanks for the offer but I'm happy to follow in your slipstream to Clives of Cropthorne.

Thanks Simon but I rather suspect that I fail to lead a second club run in as many weeks. My lumbago is down to a possible ham string injury. Scarring and possibly minor tears mean that cycling will be limited for a number of weeks. Your intervention was rather timely.
Beacon Audaxes The Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven 20.7.19; Autumn South Salopian 5.10.19. www.beaconrcc.org.uk/

WorcsPhil
Posts: 652
Joined: 14 Oct 2012 21:57
Real Name: Phil Richards

Re: A, B and C Club runs for January, February and March 2020

Post by WorcsPhil » 15 Jan 2020 09:15

Oh dear, Simon...you're right...somehow I missed your post. Humble apologies, my resignation will be with the Prime Minister later today :shock:

Given Phil's predicament, I will assume that you're leading the B-ride this week.

Post Reply