Introductory ride 6 September (FULL)

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

George

Introductory ride 6 September (FULL)

Post by George » 02 Sep 2020 10:10

Assuming that there's interest this month, I'll lead an Intro Ride this Sunday as scheduled. We'll meet at the Black Horse at 09:00 for an 09:15 departure.

In line with official guidance, the total number of participants, including me, will be LIMITED TO SIX. To make that workable, anyone who wants to come is asked to post in this thread or contact me by direct message, on Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.

Our destination will be Earlswood Craft Centre. The route will be approximately 49km (>30 miles), on minor roads as far as possible, over gently rolling terrain, as follows:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33989815

We'll go at the pace of the slowest rider, which is usually between 16 and 21 kph (10-13mph). Newcomers are encouraged to read the bumph about how Intro Rides work on our website: http://beaconrcc.org.uk/club-runs/ (and scroll down).

George

Re: Introductory ride 6 September

Post by George » 02 Sep 2020 13:03

People currently down to ride (as of 22:45 Wednesday):

George Barker
Sterling Hall
Daniel Bolsher
Jorge Alvarez Arriaga
Sam Alvarez Arriaga
Nigel Collins

George

Re: Introductory ride 6 September (FULL)

Post by George » 03 Sep 2020 08:58

We now have our full complement of six riders, so we can't accept any more participants, unfortunately.

If you would have liked to join the ride, but you're seeing this thread too late, please get in touch anyway. If there is enough interest, we might look into the possibility of organising a second group, and sometimes a space becomes available due to a drop-out.

If you are down to ride but something comes up to prevent you joining us, do please let us know -- there might be someone else who would like to take your place.

Nigel_C

Post by Nigel_C » 06 Sep 2020 15:23

George - many thanks for a great ride today! Very enjoyable. Hope you had a good ride home and see you soon.

George

Post by George » 06 Sep 2020 19:08

You're welcome, Nigel. It was good to meet you (and the others), and I hope we'll be seeing more of you all. As I said at the BH, it's not often that all the riders on an Intro Ride look ready to step up to the main rides immediately, but that was the case today. I don't think any of you would find an average C run too fast (notwithstanding Sterling's previous hilly nightmare), and young Sam looks ready to progress quickly up the ladder. Many C runs are neither hillier nor significantly faster than today's Intro Ride: we did 21kph, which would be at the slow end of the range for a C, but by no means exceptional. Most Intro Rides I've led before have averaged less than 20.

Nigel_C

Post by Nigel_C » 06 Sep 2020 22:25

Many thanks George. Very much ready for the next C ride that someone is kind enough to lead!