Sunday 27 September B/C ride to Harvington - RIDE FULL

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

George

Sunday 27 September B/C ride to Harvington - RIDE FULL

Post by George » 24 Sep 2020 11:49

I'll lead a B/C ride to Ellenden Farm Shop near Harvington this Sunday. Meet at 09:00 for 09:15 departure. It'll be 90km (56mi) over gently undulating terrain (notwithstanding the final slog for home), as follows:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34163488

I'll set a pace to suit the participants, within the range upper C (23kph) to good B (26kph). Please note that, on the return leg, my plan is to abandon the group at Tardebigge, assuming that everyone can find their way from there. I'm happy to adapt my plans, however. So less experienced riders shouldn't be deterred from signing up.

SIGNED UP SO FAR:
George Barker
Matt Hale
Si Woodward
Jorge Arriaga
Sam Arriaga
Richard Leaper

I realise that the following is obvious to most readers and therefore potentially annoying, but I'll say it anyway, because it's important that the club demonstrably does all it reasonably can to minimise the risk of our activities promoting the spread of Covid-19.
All participants are politely reminded:
- This ride and the café stop are limited to six people, including me.
- We need to keep our distance from other groups at the Black Horse.
- We need to keep our distance from other customers at the café.
- We shouldn't get closer to each other than is absolutely necessary.
- If you need to use any indoor facilities at the café or elsewhere, you'll need to wear a face mask (e.g. going to the loo, going inside to pay).
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged, especially after opening doors, handling furniture, etc at the café.
Last edited by George on 25 Sep 2020 08:37, edited 3 times in total.

Simon Woodward

Re: Sunday 27 September B/C ride to Harvington

Post by Simon Woodward » 24 Sep 2020 13:56

George, can I join you on your ride to Harvington please?

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 24 Sep 2020 14:14

Count me in please George

George

Post by George » 24 Sep 2020 14:17

Will do, both.

Lee_spiers1

Post by Lee_spiers1 » 25 Sep 2020 07:10

Yes please George

rdleaper

Post by rdleaper » 25 Sep 2020 08:08

Ah. As per FB post last night, am I OK to join?

George

Post by George » 25 Sep 2020 08:36

Lee_spiers1 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 07:10
Yes please George
Lee, I would love to have you join us, but Richard did actually ask to join the ride last night, via the Facebook group. He posted fairly late in the evening, and I only saw his message on my phone just as I was preparing for bed, so I didn't have opportunity to return to this post and update it. Nevertheless, by the time you posted this morning, Richard had already requested the last place on the ride. I feel very uncomfortable about turning you away, but I think that the fairest thing is to stick with the first-come, first-served principle. I hope to have another chance to ride with you before too long. Also, I see that several regular B-runners haven't yet put their names down for any ride this weekend, so there's a fair chance that another B group will be organised by someone, which hopefully you can join. Apologies for the mess.

WorcsPhil

Re: Sunday 27 September B/C ride to Harvington - RIDE FULL

Post by WorcsPhil » 25 Sep 2020 09:41

I wouldn’t describe it as a ‘mess’, it seems a fair and equitable way of recording rides and riders. (I know you didn’t mean it in that way 😀).

The A-ride and B-ride filled up very fast yesterday, so another A/B ride leader would be welcome this week... weather looks good, why not suggest a second A or B ride.

... build it and they will come

Lee_spiers1

Post by Lee_spiers1 » 25 Sep 2020 13:28

Don’t worry George!

Lee_spiers1

Post by Lee_spiers1 » 25 Sep 2020 13:29

George wrote:
25 Sep 2020 08:36
Lee_spiers1 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 07:10
Yes please George
Lee, I would love to have you join us, but Richard did actually ask to join the ride last night, via the Facebook group. He posted fairly late in the evening, and I only saw his message on my phone just as I was preparing for bed, so I didn't have opportunity to return to this post and update it. Nevertheless, by the time you posted this morning, Richard had already requested the last place on the ride. I feel very uncomfortable about turning you away, but I think that the fairest thing is to stick with the first-come, first-served principle. I hope to have another chance to ride with you before too long. Also, I see that several regular B-runners haven't yet put their names down for any ride this weekend, so there's a fair chance that another B group will be organised by someone, which hopefully you can join. Apologies for the mess.
Not a mess buddy, totally fair :)

George

Post by George » 25 Sep 2020 14:22

Thanks for your understanding, Lee.

George

Post by George » 27 Sep 2020 17:15

Beautiful day, albeit a breezy one with a chilly start, for what will almost certainly be my last round-trip club run until spring. Attendance list matches pre-ride interest list. Thanks everyone for making it an enjoyable ride.