Even-newer normal Club Runs - Sunday 20th December

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Even-newer normal Club Runs - Sunday 20th December

Post by WorcsPhil » 14 Dec 2020 10:13

Well, the heavy rain and strict rules on meeting up put paid to that Sunday, eh. So what did you all get up to?

My wife said to me on Sunday that... "When you're not cycling, you're just a useless, lazy slob, and I deserve better"

So, I said, "You woke me up at 3pm just to tell me that?"

I love it when I've got right on my side :D

Anyway, we didn't see many people out on Sunday at all, and from Strava I only noticed 2 or 3 outdoor riders, including Chris Ashford who picked Sunday and torrential rain to ride a 200k DIY audax...I've said before that our commitment to riding looong within Beacon has probably never been higher. John Williams rode a similar length ride (200kms) on Saturday, but it was almost tropical compared to Sunday...

Perhaps we should start widening out group indoor rides, and I know a few of you are already doing this... so carry on, it helps many club riders to feel connected.

Same club run rules apply at the moment, I'm afraid, in that six riders can ride together, but they will have to exclude any cafe stops, so only Beacon-Bursts or stops with a shop-stop can be promoted here please. This holds true even if Birmingham, Dudley or Solihull are downgraded to Tier 2 on Wednesday, as people in different households still cannot mix in cafes in Tier 2 :(

Real shame that we're not meeting up for a Christmas drink in Chaddesley Corbett this coming Sunday, but be good to see a few Beacon riders out, and don't forget Beacon Bursts can be promoted to ride at any speed! Post in a separate thread if you can lead a ride this Sunday.

Thanks