CLUB RUNS BACK ON SUNDAY 4TH APRIL (maybe even the 3rd of April)

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

CLUB RUNS BACK ON SUNDAY 4TH APRIL (maybe even the 3rd of April)

Post by WorcsPhil » 22 Mar 2021 17:04

Hi all,

Beacon club runs will be back on Sunday 4th April (or even potentially Saturday 3rd), hoorah! ...but we will maintain the rule of six approach with riders signing up in advance for the time being.

I will post on the message board next Monday (29th March) inviting people to lead, albeit please stick to non-stop Beacon Bursts for the first couple of weeks, as cafes won't be open until 12th April outdoors, then we can stop for coffee and cake legally in groups of six.

In the meantime, as you can see elsewhere, please stick to our current lockdown rules, which require us to ride either solo or with just one other person. It never looks great when bigger groups are spotted, especially if Beacon club kit is being used.

George

Re: CLUB RUNS BACK ON SUNDAY 4TH APRIL (maybe even the 3rd of April)

Post by George » 23 Mar 2021 15:20

Phil, I'm just wondering what you (and others) think about the resumption of Intro Rides. I'm happy to resume my role as your Intro Ride Deputy. Technically, we could resume the rides on 4 April (first Sunday of the month). However, there will be no sit-down cafés and we won't have had any opportunity to learn lessons about the best way to manage possible congregation issues at the BH, etc. I'm therefore inclined to think that restarting in May would be more sensible. What do you think?

WorcsPhil

Re: CLUB RUNS BACK ON SUNDAY 4TH APRIL (maybe even the 3rd of April)

Post by WorcsPhil » 28 Mar 2021 16:21

Hi George, sorry, I missed this...I've got to get back into the habit of checking the message board more regularly now that we're riding again...but yes, I agree that Intro rides are better to start in May when hopefully cafes outside will be open