Club runs for the weekend of 20th June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs for the weekend of 20th June

Post by WorcsPhil » 14 Jun 2021 09:50

Phew, what a scorcher! Lovely to see the sunny and hot weather on Sunday and soooo many Beacon riders out in the countryside, and for many to get back to see England win was a great bonus...for those of us that gave a monkeys that is. :)

Unfortunately our prestigious Janet Kelly Open 10 Time Trial, scheduled for this Saturday has had to be postponed to mid July due to roadworks both on the main course and the back up course...but keep your eyes out for updates as it would be great to get people out to spectate at this super fast and competitive event.

Best of luck to Ian Taylor who, starting next weekend is riding the Cure Leukaemia Tour 21, which is every stage of the Tour de France, one week before the pros race it.. After a great deal of negotiations, this is ON, and he leaves for France on Thursday before starting on Saturday with Stage 1 from Brest. This is a fantastic charity ride, and Geoff Thomas, the founder and rider of this event was awarded an MBE in last weeks' Queens' Honours List...which was so well deserved after his charity has raised millions for Cure Leukaemia. More details on the ride and how to sponsor Ian are on this thread, but I speak for all of Beacon, when I say best of luck, we are are proud of you, Ian and really looking forward to seeing your progress!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9545&p=72844#p72844

It's the longest day weekend this weekend, and as usual, there is the annual 'Pushing the Boundaries' club run planned, a leisurely 400kms yomp from the Black Horse to Stwlan Dam in North Wales and back. This is not recommended! but more sensible club runs for either Saturday and Sunday are more than welcome, so sharpen your metaphorical pencils and get your name down to lead or participate...don't forget, the highly successful Tuesday night bash is now in full swing, but please choose your ride carefully as they are quite quick, and leaders, please ensure no one is dropped and expected to make their own way home....there are B+ and B paced rides as well as a C ride pace so there should be the variety to suit all.

Normal rules, limit of 8 if an indoor cafe is proposed otherwise 12...

George

Re: Club runs for the weekend of 20th June

Post by George » 14 Jun 2021 13:48

Don't forget Tony's solstice gathering in place of the solstice gathering.

Helen

Post by Helen » 14 Jun 2021 19:37

George wrote:
14 Jun 2021 13:48
Huh? Could you elaborate please?

I have a solstice ride in my calendar for Sunday but I'm not sure if there were any solid plans made? Or did that morph into the 400km 😳?

George

Post by George » 16 Jun 2021 22:29

Helen wrote:
14 Jun 2021 19:37
George wrote:
14 Jun 2021 13:48
Huh? Could you elaborate please?

I have a solstice ride in my calendar for Sunday but I'm not sure if there were any solid plans made? Or did that morph into the 400km 😳?
No, the two events are quite separate, Helen. See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9552 and viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9551 and info in the Facebook group.

However, I don't know whether the weather may intervene.