Club runs for the weekend of 8th August

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs for the weekend of 8th August

Post by WorcsPhil » 02 Aug 2021 10:08

a rainy old weekend did not deter our weekend rides too much. A great day out to Weston and back saw 12 riders riding over 350kms to this most favourite of holiday destinations for us brummies. By God, Weston was packed with holidaymakers and donkeys... and for once I'm going to avoid the obvious joke here.

Some amazing time trial times going on at present, so congratulations to the likes of Simon Dighton, Ed Moss and others for flying high on these courses.

Normal rules for this week, get your rides listed early please so that I can get them to the top of the message board in good time... let's have a range of rides this weekend, and don't forget the Tuesday bash goes ahead with four rides so something for everyone again this week...

A lovely response from Simon Woodward yesterday, who when asked does he regret joining Beacon, said..."I used to be happy pootling around Britain on my touring bike thinking 100miles was a massive day. Beacon have introduced me to Audaxing, Track racing, Time Trialling and 500kms club rides!" ...very true, please take advantage of the range of activities we offer, not just those above, but cross racing, grass track, and lots and lots of social rides with cake and bacon, sometimes at the same time :D

Enjoy your week.

Phil