Unofficial Club Run

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

PaulB

Unofficial Club Run

Post by PaulB » 16 Aug 2021 21:17

Hi All

I read, i think on this forum, that here was an unofficial club run that met at Tardebigge either on a Weds or Thurs morning
Has anyone got any info on this thanks

Thanks Paul B
Thank You

Paul B

neilo

Re: Unofficial Club Run

Post by neilo » 16 Aug 2021 21:54

PaulB wrote:
16 Aug 2021 21:17
Hi All

I read, i think on this forum, that here was an unofficial club run that met at Tardebigge either on a Weds or Thurs morning
Has anyone got any info on this thanks

Thanks Paul B
Hi Paul, the ride leaves at 10 o clock on a Thursday morning, the pace is usually around 17-18mph 👍

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 16 Aug 2021 22:03

oh ok

Thanks for that, bit too fast for me
Thank You

Paul B

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 17 Aug 2021 22:19

Paul for many years there was a "steady pace" ride (old style C probably closer to D now) starting at the same time and place under the Saracen's auspices. Prior to COVID it was often down to me and Derek Reynolds so av 12-13 and 50 miles or so.

There was also a "social ride" which was gentle but now perhaps replaced by Bournville Gentle Cycling from Rowheath. Saturdays and at least one weekday and an informal "Southern Friends" ride from Red Lion in Earlswood on Wednesdays with some overlapping membership.

I think that the D run version could easily be revived post lockdowns and pick up momentum.

Happy to have a chat about this sometime.

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 18 Aug 2021 09:04

Hi Dave

Would be happy to resurrect a midweek unofficial or official D run midweek rides

Let me know what you were thinking of and when we can start

Paul B
Thank You

Paul B

DavOz

Post by DavOz » 22 Aug 2021 18:32

I really enjoyed today's 50 mile D run so hopefully l could manage a weekday D run - thanks Paul.

How about those who are or might be interested meet and work through the options?
Perhaps arrange something like a 40 mile ride to Julies for a chat?

We could probably do some preliminary work here or by email eg starting point, range of distances etc. I liked the Tardebigge program of the first 3 rides of the month to fixed destinations then something different to month's end. Or this could be seen boring........

David

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 22 Aug 2021 19:10

Hi Dave

Glad you enjoyed the ride
Yep i'm up for anything that creates more of us slower paced riders to enjoy a group ride
Thank You

Paul B