Leader NO LONGER wanted for September Intro Ride

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

George

Leader NO LONGER wanted for September Intro Ride

Post by George » 31 Aug 2021 09:25

I'm due to lead an Intro Ride this Sunday, 5 September. However, I'm not very well at the moment and I think it's best to pull out sooner rather than later, to give maximum opportunity for someone else to organise something.

The ride hasn't yet been advertised and doesn't yet have anyone signed up to ride. So whoever takes over will have a free hand (within the defined format).

Is anyone up for doing this? Ideally we'd like a leader and a co-leader.

Mariana278

Re: Leader wanted for September Intro Ride

Post by Mariana278 » 01 Sep 2021 08:49

I’m busy this weekend but I can lead an intro ride next weekend if we can move it ?

George

Post by George » 01 Sep 2021 14:49

Thanks for the offer, Mariana. I had actually half thought about simply postponing it myself -- I fully assume I'll be riding again by then, and it could perhaps be combined with watching the hill climb. As far as I know, we've not yet had any enquiries from would-be participants (probably at least partly because we haven't advertised it). So I'm inclined to wait another 24 hours and, if nothing changes in that time, to look at putting it back a week. Would you be willing to co-lead on the 12th? (We usually try to have two experienced riders on an Intro Ride.)

Kouros

Post by Kouros » 01 Sep 2021 17:34

Hi George, I am new to message board and I would like to attend the inro ride.
There is an open day in the allotment this Sunday that I would like to accompany my wife . If the intro ride is next week that would be great.
Get well soon,
Kouros

Mariana278

Post by Mariana278 » 01 Sep 2021 18:23

George wrote:
01 Sep 2021 14:49
Thanks for the offer, Mariana. I had actually half thought about simply postponing it myself -- I fully assume I'll be riding again by then, and it could perhaps be combined with watching the hill climb. As far as I know, we've not yet had any enquiries from would-be participants (probably at least partly because we haven't advertised it). So I'm inclined to wait another 24 hours and, if nothing changes in that time, to look at putting it back a week. Would you be willing to co-lead on the 12th? (We usually try to have two experienced riders on an Intro Ride.)
Yea I can co lead with you no problem, looks like we already have one person interested :)

Kouros

Post by Kouros » 01 Sep 2021 22:17

<@>

George

Post by George » 02 Sep 2021 14:33

Mariana - great, thanks!

Kouros - I think that decides it: we'll do a delayed Intro Ride next week. I'll put up a separate post. Look forward to meeting you!

George

Re: Leader NO LONGER wanted for September Intro Ride

Post by George » 02 Sep 2021 15:13