Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 21st November

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 21st November

Post by WorcsPhil » 15 Nov 2021 15:57

Weekly Update

Only one place to start this week and that was a night to remember on Saturday. Hopefully, all those, (or I'll accept 90% of those) enjoyed the 75th Anniversary Dinner on Saturday at Kings Norton Golf Club. Huge congratulations to the Dinner Committee who planned and prepared for this for months, great work everyone. It has probably exhausted a few on that committee, so we will be looking for new blood to join for next years dinner organisation, I imagine.

Also, huge kudos to George Barker, our president for the cajoling, editing, writing, designing and printing of the Souvenir Booklet. All those who were at the night had one for free, and copies will be available at the AGM and then on a first come first served basis...it is a fabulous record of Beacon through the years...with pictures and everything :D - well done, George!

Congrats also to all the trophy winners and to Vince for providing the music on the night...in fact well done everyone...it's not often we congratulate ourselves for a job well done, but this was definitely one of those occasions. It was simply wonderful to see some of the longstanding legends of our club all in one place, including Snogger Morris, the sole surviving original member from 1946, and Ned Boulting was great too, I thought.

Perhaps the most excitable winner on the night was our very own Neil Orchard (see Chris Hudson's excellent photos for proof), who not only won the Club Run trophy, he also deservedly took away the Club Person of the Year...and why was he so excited...because he does club runs of course and aren't they a trophy winning moment every week? So why not join him in participating and leading club runs. As Neil said himself "There's nothing better than riding with your mates...old and new"...so yes, it's easy to ride with the same people every week outside of club runs, but only club runs changes the cast but sticks to the story...so let club runs sustain you over the winter. They are mojo-giving jewels.

I'll be leading an A-run this Sunday, so be great to get at least 4 club runs every week...No rules on routes, cafes, distances and speeds, just be clear in your message what the ride will be like ...build it and they will come.

See you for the 3,901st weekly club run of Beacon RCC.

Oh, and let us also congratulate Dave Hughes yet again for winning two gold medals at the British Track Championships at Newport Velodrome late last week...Fantastic work, Dave! Double National Champion. All in the tricolore of Beacon.

Phil