Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 28th November

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 28th November

Post by WorcsPhil » 22 Nov 2021 15:52

Weekly Update

Without a doubt, my favourite Robin Williams film is...Mrs Fire

ok, it's not Dad joke week, but I said this joke to a friend of mine and couple of weeks ago and they texted me over the weekend to say they finally got it. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Club runs, eh? As 5 of us chatted at the Black Horse on Sunday morning at 09:15, we were reminiscing about the time when all club runs left from there at the same time, and there would be 20 or 30 riders all mingling and chatting before the three over-the-top whistles blew and everybody clambered out of the trenches and rode off into no-mans land.

Do you miss that? Club runs are now a little more fragmented and flexible and kick off at all times and some might say that it's all the better for it. Anyway, we propose to keep the current sign-up-in-advance club run system for the time being but appreciate your views as to what you may want at the upcoming AGM on Thursday December 9th at 18:30 either face-to-face at Hillscourt or over the medium of the Babbage machine (Zoom)...be glad of your views on this and a myriad of other issues that affect the club.

...and just to prove the flexibility of club runs, this week sees the resurrection of the winter 6:30pm Wednesday ride from the Red Lion pub in Vicarage Road, Kings Heath...Thanks to Gemma for organising these so charge up your lights and go along. As well as this, there are regular Paul Balfe-led D-rides on Wednesday mornings at 09:30 and the regular Tardebigge bash at 10am on Thursdays... Just like the footie where Kick offs at 3pm on Saturdays are now so last year, eh?

...but in all seriousness, it would be great to get old regulars or new people along to traditional Sunday club runs. So round up your mates and go bacon, or avocado smash, or vegan sausage rolls.

Have a good week.