Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 16th January

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 16th January

Post by WorcsPhil » 10 Jan 2022 10:23

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Hi all,

Ice warning! There seemed to be problems with black ice up on the Birmingham plateau even on Sunday though it wasn't too bad after you got south of Droitwich, but this meant many people sensibly cancelled their club ride or went out later. Unfortunately, at least two riders did come down hard and although no serious injuries, there were cuts and bruises and torn kit - Don't forget all, if there is a crash on a club run, please inform me with some details (where, who, injuries, reason etc), as it enables us to have a record of such events...

Tomas Schaffernaker suggests that we are in for a more settled spell now so let's hope Saturday night ice stays away for a while!

Anyway, if there is no ice, let's get back to club runs next weekend...you know what to do, suggest it and they will come with bacon sandwiches a flask and cheery greeting. Please get your name down to lead, and one final point (what a moany old git, I am this morning, eh? :D ), please can all club leaders list out who has actually turned up and ridden, and if you list the names in alphabetical order like a couple of wonderful people do do, that makers my life so much easier! OCD and an orderly mind makes the world go round.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

So what else is new? This year sees the UK's most prestigious Audax take place, after our own of course. This is London-Edinburgh-London in August a 1,505kms ride over 4-5 days. Beacon as far as I can see has never had a finisher on this ride, so it's simply fantastic to see a record NINE entries has gone in from Beacon RCC, Four through a guaranteed entry and 5 through a ballot which is yet to take place...Don't worry, we'll bore you all rigid with this in August!

Anyway, keep safe everybody and see you in a cafe or out on the road soon.

Phil