Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 23rd January

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 23rd January

Post by WorcsPhil » 17 Jan 2022 11:46

Weekly Update:

So it's Blue January today, supposedly the most depressing day of the year, and what could add nicely to that, yes a new weekly update from me :D

Not much to report this week, other that it was great to hear from George Lazenby at last weeks' committee meeting on his plans for a Beacon TT series...watch out for more details on this later this week! Other quick things from the committee meeting:

- We're still planning on organising a first aid course for regular volunteers soon, but really having problems in getting a suitable venue with free parking (the organiser needs parking to assist with the in/outs of the life size dummies...don't make the obvious joke here). If you know of such a place that has a free room, or very cheap, then please let me know.
- We will be sponsoring and co-organising a race at Birmingham Business Park in April
- We're looking to organise and host the British grass track championships later in the year, with a trial run at Queensbridge school before that.
- There will be a new kit order going in in February for the summer, including possibly Beacon caps, subject to a minimum order...please look at Neil's post and get your name down if you can

Plenty more is happening and the minutes of the meeting will be available in the Members page of the message board later this week for your perusal.

As for club runs, we only had two on Sunday with one aborted, probably because it semi-replicated an existing ride. Thanks to Mariana and Stuart for leading the two rides, and to Michelle in trying to get another one going. I have noticed that rides are being suggested quite late in the week, as if people are waiting to see if someone else leads first before they do...a sort of cat and mouse adventure, so it would be good if leaders can get their rides down early to allow others to be suggested in good time. Let's keep life simple and nice.

The weather is improving week-by-week, so don't want this trend to continue (I suspect this plea will be totally ignored, but surprise me and pander to my dreamy disposition)

You know what to do...hope to see you on the road next week.

Phil