Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 12th February

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 12th February

Post by WorcsPhil » 07 Feb 2022 12:34

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Just the three rides out and about at the weekend, so big thanks to Michael Stanford for his first Beacon club ride, and for leading out an Intro ride to boot...and also to Nick and Louise for leading the A, and B/C respectively. So two new leaders this weekend, and a fine example to us all they are.

As I've said before, there is always a bit of 'wait and see' going on before people commit to leading/riding, so an early leader coming forward makes it easier for everyone.

There was a Tewkesbury 200kms audax on Saturday which saw 4 or 5 Beacon riders participate, so it's obvious that the LEL training has begun for the long-distance brigade...It's also the Sunrise/Snowdrop Audaxes in less than three weeks now. They are currently full, but I may re-open them nearer the time if there are masses of non-starters, so watch this space.

Don't forget, if you have anything going on or want publicising in these weekly updates, let me know, but as it's February, we are all treading water before the Spring/Summer adventures begin....unless you're Zwifting of course...peak season for indoor cycling at the moment, so join the Beacon Zwift group to mimic the real bacon sandwich experience. Details on the Beacon facebook page.

Let's have a full set of club rides next weekend if we can, just get your name down to lead and you will be lauded from the rooftops and have streets named after you... :D

Phil