Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 27th February

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 27th February

Post by WorcsPhil » 21 Feb 2022 11:54

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Storm after storm after storm and who's fed up of recycling bin jokes everywhere you look? Mine stayed where it was against the wall and didn't move :D

But as usual, it was great to see two rides go out on Sunday, braving the wind...Congrats to Stuart Jones and John Williams for leading those rides and to all those who turned up, of course. Great stuff.

So what's happening this week? Hoorah, It is the Sunrise/Snowdrop Audaxes this Saturday - back after a year's hiatus - and just like every year, they have been complicated by current flooding and bridge closures...I am checking the route this week and am hopeful that the current bridge closures at places like Eckington may be lifted by the weekend...in any case, with over 35 Beacon riders out and another 8-9 volunteering on the day, it is always a day to savour...for those riding, don't forget this is a winter ride in river-strewn landscapes so don't expect clean summer bikes, mankinis, and 20mph rides, just meet every obstacle with disdain, say hello and move on.

What else is happening?...the TT calendar is finalised and will be uploaded this week. George Lazenby has set out a fortnightly calendar of TT's with some new ideas, so a huge shout out to George for stepping in and organising these, and to Gemma for her invaluable advice and for providing the details needed to set this calendar up. Also Neil Orchard is about to press 'go' on a summer kit order this week, so watch out for that.

...and onto club runs this Sunday, which may be reduced due to great turn out of Beacon riders on the Audax on Saturday, but if you're not riding that, why not put forward a ride for Sunday...it's an improving weather picture, so whatever you put up, you know people will come out and ride with you.

I'm off to ride flooded lanes and to check the Worcestershire Highways Twitterfeed every 2 mins in the hope that a route of some kind on Saturday will entertain you all...keep happy and see you at Whitlenge...make sure you say hello to me so I can put faces to all these Beacon names.

Have a good week.

Phil

Dave Cox

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 27th February

Post by Dave Cox » 21 Feb 2022 18:11

Thanks Phil, I rode across the Eckerton Bridge 2 years ago ? when it was flooded and open/closed status not clear at Upton but closed later I think. Got through OK but dangerous because of impatient drivers kicking up bow waves. Do hope it's clear on Sat because that's the best route BUT !!

Celia_brown

A run 27 February

Post by Celia_brown » 23 Feb 2022 20:40

Hi! I’ll lead an A-ish run on Sunday (ish-ness depends on how tough Saturday is!). Around 60 miles - route to follow - leaving Black Horse at 9:15am.