Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 20th March

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 20th March

Post by WorcsPhil » 14 Mar 2022 15:08

WEEKLY UPDATE

Weather is improving and like the Yellowstone bear emerging from it's wintry home, then Beacon riders are coming back out into the sunshine, wearily blinking away their outdoor hibernation... Good to see a healthy turn out of nearly 30 riders on the four rides over the weekend, and thanks to John Williams, the birthday boy Simon Woodward and Cedric Gioan for leading the A, B and C rides...and a special kudos to Mariana Sorrill for organising and leading the Women's only ride. Well done all.

As I suggested last week, it would be good if this Sunday coming we have as many different club runs as possible going out. I appreciate that it's the day of the Mad March Hare sportive, but if you're not doing that, then why not come along to the grand spring club run jamboree. It would be great if all club runs leave at 9am (meet at 08:50), so we can squint at each other, and say "ahhh, I remember them, they haven't changed a bit" Me and Cedric already have rides down so let's make sure we have a B leader as well as Beacon Bursts at any speed you want....but still sign up in advance on the message board threads please, as this does help us to plan who's coming

Finally, before the mass of spring events are upon us, don't forget the first of the Beacon Time Trials is on Saturday March 26th and we still have FOUR places available on the First Aid course on the 24th/31st...completion of this will make you an accredited First Aider, so if you've volunteered for anything within Beacon, be that marshaling or organising events or leading club runs, then get your name down on the thread in the message board....but please ensure you are free for BOTH daters as you need to complete the whole course to get accredited. Details here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9916

Short update this week, but enjoy the sunshine, clean your bike and see you on Sunday!

Phil