Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 10th April

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 10th April

Post by WorcsPhil » 04 Apr 2022 10:19

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Aren't club runs great? Long or short, flat or hilly, they are challenging yet fun, and despite some Northfield ruffians attempting to be clever and funny but just being intimidating on the C+ ride yesterday as it came back into town, normally full of joy. The A-ride yesterday was a case in point, a horrible route full of 18% stingers, yet everyone seemed to revel in the grind... more laughs per square inch than anything on Netflix (except maybe Parks and Recreation, which is quite funny to be fair).

Anyway, I'm sure there are loads of you reading this who have just fallen out of the habit of club runs, but why not dip your toe in the water again, you will be revered like a prodigal son/daughter and we will bring out the fatted bacon just for you :o Just remember to ride at the pace dictated by the leader rather than your own Flandrian accelerations...if you're always faster than the leader, why not lead your own ride at the this desired pace you want.

Thanks to David Jones for leading the Intro ride and good to see some new people trying it out, as well as to Cedric, Mariana, Dave Cox on his lonesome, and me for leading this week. The world salutes you (and me).

So what's going on this week? Well next Sunday (10th April), Beacon are co-hosting a series of BC races at Birmingham Business Park. Kyle could always do with one or two more volunteers to help out either in the morning or afternoon, so why not go along, particularly if you're not normally the volunteering type. Get in contact with Kyle or add your name to the other thread on the MB.

...and it's the last week to get your name down for the Little Mountain Time Trial...been good to see an influx of entrants last week, so why not have a go? We all love the smell of Ankerdine in the morning...

Other than that, club runs continue apace, never-ending except when they end. Keep happy whatever you're doing...it's nothing more than a bit of a lark after all.

Phil

Dave Cox

Re: Weekly Club Update and Club runs for the weekend of 10th April

Post by Dave Cox » 04 Apr 2022 15:57

I thought it was David Jones who led the Intro ride??