LMTT Spectators' D Run to Ankerdine

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

Dave Cox

LMTT Spectators' D Run to Ankerdine

Post by Dave Cox » 18 Apr 2022 18:38

It's the Little Mountain Time Trial this Sunday 24th April. I've ridden out mostly to marshal for many years. This year I'll be leaving Black Horse at 7.00 am and ride directly to top of Ankerdine to cheer some riders up this key climb. I usually take main roads out A38 to Droitwich, A4133 to Holt Heath then Ockeridge, Wichenford, Martley and B4197. Then back to HQ in Great Witley for refreshments and home through the lanes. 60 miles av 12mph probably but faster on the way out all being well. Please sign up if you want to join me but note leaving at 7.00 !! Probably worth bringing a snack and extra layer if it's going to be cold standing around.

Dave Cox

Re: LMTT Spectators' D Run to Ankerdine

Post by Dave Cox » 24 Apr 2022 16:55

Not too surprised to be on a solo D Run but disappointed at being the only spectator clapping riders at the top of Ankerdine. At least we had two photographers out there. Great day out though no traffic on way out, downhill mostly and a tail wind. Return a bit more laboured head wind, up hill and noticed the panniers then full of warm clothes (barely needed), flask, sandwiches and a bloody D lock left over from a shopping trip.

George

Post by George » 27 Apr 2022 23:57

Good to see you out there, Dave!

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 28 Apr 2022 18:25

And you George. Mike the photographer asked if he could park his VW on your patch ! I said yes by Presidential appointment