The Silk Run - Saturday 4th June

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

AlanW

The Silk Run - Saturday 4th June

Post by AlanW » 29 May 2011 07:54

Lovely little Audax this, I rode it last year. With only climb, okay it is Stanway, but thats not that bad really.

NOTE - You need to be quick to enter, check out the closing date

The Silk Run

100km cycling event starting from Tewkesbury. Spend a leisurely day cycling through the lanes of the Evesham Vale. Only one hill to climb before coffee, then even more quiet lanes for the rest of the day. A good ride for riders of all ages and abilities. Experience cycling through one of the finest historic country parks in England.

Distance:
100 km
Date:
Saturday 4th June 2011
Time:
09:30
Starting from:
Tewkesbury
Fee:
£3.50
Closing date:
30 May 2011

Organiser:
Mark Rigby
BlackSheep CC
16 Battle Road
Tewkesbury Park
Tewkesbury
GL20 5TZ

Email:
ybgirkram@talktalk.net
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 05 Jun 2011 07:51

I cannot believe that there were only 40 odd entries for this? :shock:

With a relaxed 09:30 start, three unmanned controls in 100kms and mostly quiet country lanes, it's a really nice enjoyable event. Pity that we had a torrential down pour at the mid way point, as the day started so sunny and warm as well. :cry:

The last couple of miles is on the main A38 back into Tewkesbury, then you have to ride thru' the town to the finish, which is not ideal but bearable to be honest.

The finish is a pub tucked away in a back street, which is not that easy to find it would seem as I missed the turning to it last year as well. :oops:
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"