Change to the AUK Logo

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

Change to the AUK Logo

Post by Philip Whiteman » 29 Nov 2011 15:43

Danial Webb has been busying himself with launching a new AUK. The colours have yet to be finalised but the design can be found at:

http://flexdev2.msoftwares.co.uk/allpla ... resh+Image

It is an interesting development when compared with:

George

Post by George » 29 Nov 2011 19:56

Existing one really naff. New one a lot better, but not great.

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 29 Nov 2011 21:37

To be honest, I don't believe I ever took any notice of the logo either consciously or sub-consciously when considering whether I fancied having a go at my first (or any subsequent) audax nor when choosing to join AUK.
Eat cake before you're hungry

George

Post by George » 30 Nov 2011 09:14

CakeStop wrote:To be honest, I don't believe I ever took any notice of the logo either consciously or sub-consciously when considering whether I fancied having a go at my first (or any subsequent) audax nor when choosing to join AUK.
I think that a logo is rarely more than a small contributor to the impression that an outsider gains of an organisation or a brand. But that doesn't mean that an organisation shouldn't consider that contribution if it is serious about its marketing. Besides, one can, of course, like or dislike a logo for purely aesthetic reasons.

I would say that there are sound (if not very compelling) marketing reasons for changing the logo and compelling aesthetic reasons.