the snow drop express

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

johnthebike

the snow drop express

Post by johnthebike » 10 Jan 2013 10:18

Hi folks the cafe at Hartlelbury ind. estate has gone out of business . the possible alternative could be Chaddersley Corbett I have tried to contact Phil by email but he is out of the office Is their some one to cover for him whilst he is away.

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 10 Jan 2013 14:45

Hi John
Thanks for letting us know. However Phil is aware of this and has organised an alternative HQ at Whitlenge Garden Centre Hartlebury

Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 10 Jan 2013 17:29

Thanks for your message. I have picked up your e-mail and responded.

I have chosen Whitlenge on the basis that it is nearby and therefore easier to redirect entrants not aware of the change. Rowberry's is an alternative but they do not permit event parking on their site in fear of loosing normal garden centre trade.

I have impressed upon Whitlenge that it could be quite demanding. I will be visiting them next week to run through the implications. Participants who drive to the event will need to use roadside parking between Hartlebury level crossing and the village, before riding the 1 mile to the HQ. I will offer the limited number of parking places available at the HQ to people who live over 50 miles away.

Whether I choose to use any of these venues for 2014 is another matter. The closure of the cafe may provide an opportune moment to fundamentally rethink this event, its start point, its route and increasing the size of the field.