Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Club Challenge

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Grogz

Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Club Challenge

Post by Grogz » 27 Mar 2013 16:59

Just got an email from British Cycling (as I'm sure all BC members will) as follows:
"...The inaugural Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 on Sunday, August 4th is shaping up to be a unique cycling event.

We are delighted to be able to offer members of your club Beacon Roads CC, as a British Cycling affiliated club, the chance to take part in this 100-mile event through the Club Challenge.

Club Challenge. How it will work:

Get together with your club mates. Affiliated clubs can register teams of 4 riders to complete the 100-mile course together in the best possible team time.

* Categories for All-Female, All-Male and Mixed (2 male/2 female) teams.
* Your team's finishing time will be recorded against the 4th team member to reach the finish. Teams are encouraged to ride together.
* Team applications open on 27th March and close at midnight on 14th April. Successful teams will be informed from 26th April and will pay their entry fees (£48 per rider) online via the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 website.
* Clubs may make an application for more than one team. To keep things simple, we ask that one person registers the team(s) on behalf of your club.
* In the event of oversubscription, we will move to a ballot process.
* Each rider must be a current British Cycling member. Riders who hold an Elite or 1st category British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

Please note that riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge. ..."
I can't say racing 100 miles is my thing, but if any BC member wants to create a team, be my guest. Good prep for the Kiddie Killer.

Register here: http://tinyurl.com/cbjq973

Doug Brum

Post by Doug Brum » 24 May 2013 11:36

We've got a Beacons Team entered, and fully paid up. The reputation of the club is resting on the shoulders of me, Lee, Mike Mc and Nic V.

Grogz

Post by Grogz » 24 May 2013 17:41

Doug Brum wrote:We've got a Beacons Team entered, and fully paid up. The reputation of the club is resting on the shoulders of me, Lee, Mike Mc and Nic V.
Good luck!

Pedlo Mudguardo

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 25 Jun 2013 21:11

Well blow me down, my usual suite at The Hilton has been double booked and my chauffeur is off on paternity leave.
Does anyone have transport to London on August 3rd returning on the evening of the 4th ?
Does anyone have a spare sofa or floor in London for me and my bike ? Or know of somewhere cheap to sleep not too far from Olympic park ?

The organisers of the Prudential event are asking for everyone's travel plans as part of the entry process.

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 04 Jul 2013 10:07

Nic, I'm driving down to Stratford next to the Olympic Park on the saturday and back on the sunday afternoon and will have space in the car for you and your bike, but I'm already booked into a dirt-cheap hotel with a mate, so can't offer a room, I'm afraid. A lift to/from the event is open if you want it however. Let me know

Pedlo Mudguardo

Post by Pedlo Mudguardo » 04 Jul 2013 21:11

Phil, that's really appreciated. In actual fact Doug offered me a lift only yesterday so I'm sorted at the moment. If all else fails I'll probably sleep in Doug's van where I can cuddle my bike. We have a super early arrival time to the point where there's almost no need to go to bed.
If it falls through I may have to be in touch. Thanks again and good luck with the ride I, for one, will need it to hang on with my team mates.....

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 04 Jul 2013 22:23

No worries...Yes, it's an early start for us amateurs. I'm off at 06:38 and need to get lined up before 6am. Luckily, our hotel is only a 10min cycle away...The things we do to get out of the way of the pro cyclists, huh.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 05 Jul 2013 11:26

Looks like the pro race has attracted some big names, including a fair few World Tour teams: http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gbcycl ... -Classic-0. If I get down there to watch, I'll see if I can get out to Box Hill early enough to write something suitable on the road for the Beacon riders to look out for.