Paul Campbell: 600 km in 48 hours & Pancreatic Cancer Ac

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

Paul Campbell: 600 km in 48 hours & Pancreatic Cancer Ac

Post by Philip Whiteman » 09 May 2013 11:53

Please support Paul in raising money for Pancreatic Cancer Action when he rides an audacious 600km ride in 48 hours.

Paul Campbell has not been seen much on club runs recently, principally because he has gone lunatic on audaxes and had been riding a collosal number of miles and events.

He will be riding the Brian Chapman and raising money for Pancreatic Cancer Action. Only three other Beacon members have ever ridden this challenging event and to be honest, I'm too afraid! It is a 600km ride from Chepstow to Holyhead and back via the Welsh mountains to within 48 hours. It is an audacious event and one of the toughest rides on the audax calendar.

I am sure that Paul will appreciate any support you can give:

http://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Campbell12

To give you an idea of the challenging route, see: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Br ... 00km-audax

IanT

Post by IanT » 09 May 2013 15:26

Good grief, audacious is certainly the word - that is a proper challenge!

Best of luck Paul!

Grogz

Post by Grogz » 10 May 2013 16:49

IanT wrote:Good grief, audacious is certainly the word - that is a proper challenge!

Best of luck Paul!
+1

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 20 May 2013 15:37

CONTRATULATIONS TO PAUL CAMPBELL.....

Paul sent me an update on his mega-ride.

I found the first 100km difficult, more nerves than physically. I couldn't stop thinking about the enormity of the task and affected my appetite. I had to force myself to eat. However, as the day went on I settled into it. I never would have thought 2 hours sleep would have been enough! We got back to Chepstow at 18:12. The total distance was 630km due to a diversion we opted for to keep us on the scenic route, so not a bad time. An uber hilly ride afforde incredible views, the weather was kind to us, no rain at all which I'm told is a rarity.