Barry's Bristol Ball Audaxes

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

Barry's Bristol Ball Audaxes

Post by Philip Whiteman » 11 Jan 2014 09:18

Frequented by Beacon members in the past, the Las Vegas Institute of Sport's Barry's Bristol Ball Bash, is probably one of the most eccentric and possibly best multi-distance audax events in the country.

If you are one of those believing that audaxes are dominated by crusty old men, the 500+ riders on this event will dispel that myth. In fact it will be like no other cycling event you have entered.

Alas I cannot make it this year, although the LVIS guys will be riding the Sunrise and Snowdrop.

http://www.audax.lvis.org.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQI5rZ5m ... e=youtu.be

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 05 Jan 2015 23:55

I found the interesting addition to their repertoire this year irresistible. Barry's Bristol Blast "....uses the south loop from Barry's Bristol Ball Buster, expect more great views, great cakes and great company. Highlights include: The Mendips, views of Glastonbury Tor and a well stocked control at Glastonbury Town Hall then across the Somerset levels and up the Gordano Valley."
Eat cake before you're hungry

diggers

Post by diggers » 13 Jan 2015 23:45

I'm signed up for the Bristol Blast too Steve. Not done any of them before so looking forward to it. I need to start riding again though... Overdid it on my summer tour and did a bit more damage to my knee.

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 30 Mar 2015 19:48

I think Diggers was wiser than I - ride report.
Eat cake before you're hungry