FAO: AUK Members. Windsor-Chester-Windsor 'National Audax'

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

FAO: AUK Members. Windsor-Chester-Windsor 'National Audax'

Post by Philip Whiteman » 11 Apr 2014 12:55

AUDAX HELPERS REQUIRED BY AUDAX UK

On 9th & 10th August, Belbroughton will be a control point for this audax. Audax UK are requesting assistance from AUK members as a matter of urgency. It is soon to be promoted as the National 600

The London-Edinburgh-London organisers are managing this epic audax on 9th and 10th August with 100 riders are expected to pass through twice.

Belbroughton Recreation Centre is one of their controls and I have been requested to manage this operation; feeding and registering riders both outbound and homeward bound. Being a 600km event, the control times are not sociable (approx 1pm-7pm; 9pm - 10am).

On the return journey, riders are likely to be knackered and exhausted with many sleeping over at the centre until fit enough to recommence their journey. Details have yet to be finalised but I hope that the LEL team will be providing some bedding for the centre.

Help required is as follows:
- providing food and drink
- registering riders

It had been my intention to steer well clear of this event given its proximity to the Beacon events on the following weekend. However, following the departure of the original event organiser, the LEL Team have taken over as an emergency measure and will now be promoting the audax as a National 600 Event - giving it some impetus and importance. Given that I live only a mile away, I felt compelled to assist.

A similar request for help will be made to KCTC & Stourbug.

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 13 Apr 2014 13:41

Put me down to help out

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 13 Apr 2014 14:08

Many thanks Pete. That is great.

I will know more about exact requirements from the new LEL event organisers within coming weeks, once they have established what has and has not been put in place by their predecessor.