Falling Leaves 2014

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Andy Terry

Falling Leaves 2014

Post by Andy Terry » 05 Oct 2014 17:13

At the risk of upsetting Mr W, I have to report another great day out on this audax today. Perfect riding conditions and beautiful countryside as usual.

Numbers were up - looks like it is gaining popularity so if you want to do it next year, get in early.

AlanW

Re: Falling Leaves 2014

Post by AlanW » 05 Oct 2014 19:52

Andy Terry wrote:At the risk of upsetting Mr W, I have to report another great day out on this audax today. Perfect riding conditions and beautiful countryside as usual.

Numbers were up - looks like it is gaining popularity so if you want to do it next year, get in early.
To late...... :cry: Once again it must have been a glorious day for it, just like last year. Its the first time in many years that I haven't ridden it....... :x
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 06 Oct 2014 09:27

... and it costs vastly less than the Santini Sportive which takes places in the same location. Same fun, same glorious countryside, quarter of the price.

It will be on my calendar next year.

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 06 Oct 2014 13:13

... and you can use the money saved to buy a 5* bacon sarnie and cake at the cafe in Bibury

... and still have money over for a celebratory pint or two