LEL - a trailer

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

LEL - a trailer

Post by Philip Whiteman » 08 Dec 2014 14:35

Tomorrow the BBC broadcast their programme of this year's Scottish audax but this has also been produced. In 2013, former Beacon RCC member, Danial Webb organised the infamous 'LEL'. Now, a small film company has produced a fundraising trailer for a film on this epic event.

http://www.madegood.org/films/portfolio ... m-trailer/

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 09 Dec 2014 19:17

Can someone give me a clue to a time when this is on please, I've looked on the TV planner and cannot find it?
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 09 Dec 2014 19:26

I think it's on the adventure show, which is BBC Scotland. Usually available on iplayer the next day.

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 09 Dec 2014 19:29

Ignore that, I've found it now
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 09 Dec 2014 19:31

I think we are talking about two different programmes here.

This thread is about the LEL Film Trailer, which is a fundraising exercise to produce a complete docufilm about the event. It is being produced by a private production company and not for the BBC. At the current time, 75% of funds have been raised.

Alan, I think you are talking about the BBC Adventure Show programme about the Scotland and Islands Audax, which is being shown as I print.

To make things even more confusing, there are a number of other programmes also in production :shock: Suddenly, the press has woken up to a certain contingent of cyclists that can be classed as absolute nutters and worth filming.