Winchcombe Falling Leaves 100 - Sunday 4th October

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

Winchcombe Falling Leaves 100 - Sunday 4th October

Post by Philip Whiteman » 02 Sep 2015 17:26

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-613/

This event is highly commended and has a huge amount to offer in terms hills and scenery. I have entered for the fourth year in a row.

100km cycling event starting from Winchcombe, Glos. Controls at Duntisbourne Abbots, Coln St Aldwyns and Great Rissington, plus 2 information controls.

A tough but scenic event showing the Cotswolds in their Autumn colours. Be prepared for some steep hills

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 09 Sep 2015 21:11

I'm in as usual, Ive ridden this event for a number of years now.
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 29 Sep 2015 12:56

Informed sources tell me that the following Beacon members have entered:

Phil Richards
Grahame Brown
Lesley Brown
Alan Weaver
Andy Terry
Myself

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 05 Oct 2015 08:03

And a good day was had by all, apart from the mist and the fog and it being rather chilly (cold!) for the first few hours :cry:

Oh and the **flat** fairy making a double visit to the same person in our little group of four. :x

But never the less. once the sun had poked through it warmed up and proved to be a lovely afternoon 8)
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 05 Oct 2015 09:17

AlanW wrote:And a good day was had by all, apart from the mist and the fog and it being rather chilly (cold!) for the first few hours :cry:

Oh and the **flat** fairy making a double visit to the same person in our little group of four. :x

But never the less. once the sun had poked through it warmed up and proved to be a lovely afternoon 8)
+1

Despite being 100km in length and shorter than some of our club runs, so I have always found this event to be challenging. This finish line was very much welcomed.