Velo Birmingham Closed Road Sportive

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Tim

Re: Velo Birmingham Closed Road Sportive

Post by Tim » 27 Sep 2017 21:53

Tens of thousands already pre entered apparently so yes some of us may not get in. If I don't I'll do same. We can all ride on some rollers for 12 hours whilst clapping! :D
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

JessRJ

Post by JessRJ » 27 Sep 2017 22:38

I will be there at the Beacon support tent with bells and whistles in 2018!! This is just one of the things I love about Beacon - the variety of things that we all get up to - it really doesn't matter at all whether you are into racing or sportives or club runs or audaxes or cx or track or organising events or cheering others on or some masochistic combination of all of those things, I've felt so encouraged and motivated by the enthusiasm and so many positive approaches from our club members trying new things this year! Whether it's a significant increase in people racing this year (including a 300% increase in female participants at the hill climb champs this year versus last year), or reading all the comments above about people who had a great time at the velo (wish I'd signed up now!), it's a great time to be in Beacon RCC :)

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 28 Sep 2017 14:34

Well said Jess